At Optimizely, the Data Platform is the foundation for all of Optimizely’s products spanning Testing and Personalization across all channels such as Web, Mobile, Server-side, and OTT through core components such as Analytics, Targeting, and Recommendations.
Our teams have built sophisticated infrastructure that processes billions of events per day, enriches them via stream processing, aggregates and stores them efficiently, supports large scale performant queries, and serves targeting information and recommendations in real-time. Our engineers speak at conferences, write blog posts to share their work, and contribute back to open-source projects.
We are looking for an Engineering Manager for one or more of our Data Platform teams. This is a unique opportunity to manage and lead teams that do cutting-edge work enabling Optimizely’s industry-defining Experimentation Platform. Our core challenges are to build the right data services and customer data abstractions that will enable continuous innovation across all our products and channels and empower our customers at scale.Your Role
- You will manage Distributed Systems Engineers and also have the opportunity to lead multi-disciplinary product engineering teams
- You will build and grow engineering teams and support members of your team in their technical and professional growth as individual contributors and engineering leaders
- You will be responsible for creating a productive and enjoyable engineering environment for your team
- You will partner with Product Managers, and Tech Leads, Designers to facilitate the planning, execution and success of complex technical projects across the organization
- You will help the team set longer term strategic technical and product direction
- You will have visibility, influence, and impact across all of Optimizely’s product areas
- Your leadership style is grounded in empathy and compassion, and you derive great satisfaction from the success and growth of your team
- You have 7+ years of engineering work experience and 3+ years of hands-on technical management experience
- You have managed a team of at least 5 individual contributors
- You have a strong understanding of distributed systems and data processing architectures and also have experience with a good subset of the technologies we use such as Kafka, Samza, HBase, Hadoop, Spark or other similar technologies
- You have the technical depth to understand your team’s work and related tradeoffs and also have the wisdom to know how to best support individuals on the team
- You have strong organizational and project management skills, the ability to prioritize projects and keep multiple streams of work on schedule, and have experience with agile development methods
- Competitive salary & equity
- Catered lunches
- Unlimited vacation
- Wellness Grant
- 17 Week maternity and paternity leave
- Fully covered health, dental, and vision for you, your domestic partner, and all dependents
- 401k benefits
- Working with a great team and having a huge impact!
Optimizely is the world’s first Experimentation Platform that empowers executives, marketing teams, product teams, and development teams to make better business decisions and deliver better customer experiences by optimizing digital experiences on any channel and any device. We are currently the market leader in A/B testing and have recently launched our Personalization product. We have served over 350 billion experiences till date and have 7000+ paying customers. We have raised $146Mn in venture funding from top-tier VCs such as Andreesen Horowitz, Benchmark Capital, and Index Ventures. Join us in our mission to help businesses turn data into action.