Senior Manager, Life Sciences & Healthcare - Plan, Mergers & Acquisitions
Focuses on assisting those organizations that are responsible for the delivery, funding and payment management of health care and medical related services. Clients include hospitals, academic medical centers, health systems, home health agencies, long term care, outpatient facilities, ambulatory surgery centers, practitioners and physician groups as well as health plans, other health insurance companies, and pharmacy benefit managers. Also drives integration with government agencies.
Work you’ll do
Senior Managers are expected to contribute to the firm's growth and development in a variety of ways, including:
- Engagement Management: Lead engagement planning and budgeting; mobilize and manage engagement teams; define deliverable structure and content; facilitate buy-in of proposed solutions from top management levels at the client; direct on-time, quality delivery of work products; manage engagement economics; manage engagement risk
- Client Management: Manage day to day interactions with executive clients and sponsors
- Business Development: Develop and maintain contact with top decision makers at key clients; organize and lead pursuit teams; participate and lead aspects of the proposal development process; contribute to the development of proposal pricing strategies
- Practice Development & Eminence: Develop practical solutions and methodologies; develop "thought-ware" and "point-of-view" documents; participate in public speaking events; get published in industry periodicals
- People Development: Perform role of counselor and coach; provide input and guidance into the staffing process; actively participate in staff recruitment and retention activities; provide leadership and support for delivery teams and staff in local offices
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited university with strong undergraduate academic record
- Minimum of 8+ years of professional experience in Health Plans, Life Sciences or Provider industry, or a mix of a few years’ industry experience and functioning as a Manager or higher in a Consulting environment.
- Demonstrates consistent career progression with increasing levels of responsibility; performed above expectations in professional roles
- Ability to work independently; lead teams focused on specific work streams of large projects.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, presentation skills and MS Visio, PowerPoint, Excel and PowerPoint proficiency
- Willingness and ability to travel 80%
- Experience in M&A; Health Plan, Life Sciences & Provider
- Advanced degree in clinical sciences or MBA from a top tier program
- Superior critical thinking, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Exceptional interpersonal, team-building and communication skills
- Outstanding integrity, initiative, creativity, and passion
- Ability to work in an ambiguous environment
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to exercise mature judgment.
- Live within commuting distance to one of Deloitte’s consulting offices
How you’ll grow
As used in this posting, “Deloitte” means Deloitte Consulting LLP, a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Certain services may not be available to attest clients under the rules and regulations of public accounting.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.