What Avant Does
We are revolutionizing the world of lending by lowering the costs and barriers of borrowing for everyday people. At our core, we are a tech company that builds advanced technology platforms and uses custom analytics to expand access to credit. Today, our platform helps underserved consumers find fair and fast installment loans. Tomorrow we plan to use our world class technology and underwriting capabilities to launch new products and services that help people improve their financial lives.
Who Avant Is
We are nerds, passionate consumer advocates, hungry to make an impact, financial wizards who actually understand the fine print, and data junkies. Avant is a place where you can wear a baseball hat, a suit or both at the same time. We believe that ideas are more important than titles, everything is more fun together, everyone drives change, and everyone is an owner.
Let’s get to business. Avant is looking for a new Data Manager to join the team in Chicago.
Avant is looking for a Data Manager to help us standardize the data we use to analyze our business. We are looking for someone with strong analytical and organizational capabilities who is as comfortable on a SQL command line as they are leading and meeting with various business teams. A successful Data Manager will be able to work with the Senior Management of all business units to manage the key metrics they use and work with the Product Development and Data Services team to implement and QA and changes to the system.
- Overseeing the change management process for key metrics
- Writing and reviewing documentation for new and changing metrics
- Working with our Product Development team to ensure new data elements are managed correctly
- Working with our Data Services and Business Intelligence teams to ensure changes are implemented in a timely manner
- Communicating with stakeholders about changes to key data elements
- Bachelor’s degree in a field such as Math, Computer Science, Economics, Accounting or equivalent work
- 3+ years’ experience in data management or analysis
- 1+ years’ experience with SQL
- Experience working with large data sets
- Experience working with a Business Intelligence tool
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Must be a self-starter and able to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills
- Experience working with Python
- Experience working with Postgres
- Experience working in a Hadoop Environment
Avant provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Avant complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.