FTI Consulting, Inc. is a global business advisory firm dedicated to helping organisations protect and enhance enterprise value in an increasingly complex legal, regulatory and economic environment. With more than 4,600 employees located in 28 countries, FTI Consulting professionals work closely with clients to anticipate and manage all aspects of the risks they face: financial, transactional, operational, dispute, reputational, political and regulatory.
In Asia, FTI Consulting has a team of more than 350 professionals situated in 10 business centres across the region. We deliver solutions through our market-leading business practices of Corporate Finance & Restructuring, Economic Consulting, Forensic & Litigation Consulting, Strategic Communications and Technology.
FTI Consulting's Strategic Communications segment is a leading global communications consultancy. With more than 30 years of experience advising management teams in critical situations, we help our clients use their communications assets to enhance and protect their enterprise value. We have a comprehensive view of strategic communications and have created an integrated suite of services to help clients address complex issues and reach multiple stakeholders, and we are a global leader in financial communications, corporate communications and public affairs.
With approximately 700 strategic communications consultants in more than 25 key markets around the world, we combine global reach with critical local knowledge across domestic and cross-border engagements. We have also built an unrivaled depth of industry and interdisciplinary expertise so clients have access to professionals who are focused on their particular sector, have a broad network of relationships with key influencers and provide communications counsel based on in-depth industry knowledge and experience.
The Strategic Communications segment of FTI Consulting is seeking to hire a Consultant to join its Hong Kong team. As one of our Consultants you will have the opportunity to learn and execute a full range of strategic communications services, including performing industry research and analysis, executing corporate communications, financial communications, media relations, and issues management activities, and writing client materials, among other things. Our Consultants play a keyrole in creating communications programs and delivering results for clients across a number of industries and these professionals routinely work directly with key client contacts. A successful candidate should have excellent written and verbal communications skills and be a collegiate team player. The candidate should be mature, results-oriented, able to multi-task and prepared to learn and utilize new and emerging approaches to communications as part of a leading global communications consultancy business.
- Assist in drafting various communications materials for client programs in both the Corporate Communications and Financial Communications areas (e.g. writing press releases, client memos, results announcements, briefing documents)
- Conduct background research on companies and a variety of key topics
- Assist with maintaining contact lists, editorial forward features lists, and event calendars
- Compile, track, summarise, and report on media coverage
- Assist with corporate communications and media relations engagements (e.g. liaising with journalists, distributing press releases, providing support for press conferences)
- Assist with financial communications and investor relations engagements (e.g. writing earnings related materials, assisting with investment community marketing plans, providing strategic counsel on capital markets activity)
- Assist on new business initiatives (e.g. conducting research on prospects, creating and editing PowerPoint presentations and proposals, etc.)
- Supervise the work of junior staff and provide coaching to junior team members.
- Actively contribute to both internal and client meetings by offering strategic and creative insights.
- Maintain a self-driven passion to stay abreast of client issues and related industry trends, participate in industry networking events and inform team leaders of potential new business opportunities.
- University degree
- 2-6 years of relevant financial or corporate communications experience, preferably gained from PR agencies
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written in English and Chinese
- Competency in using Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft PowerPoint
- Analytical approach to creating work product
- Social, enthusiastic, and eager to learn, and have an ability to work well within a team
- Ability to prioritize tasks and manage multiple assignments simultaneously
- Excellent presentation style and skills
- Excellent project management skills
- An ability to be independent, work under own direction, and manage own time
- Experience mentoring and coaching junior team members
- A collegiate approach to working in a diverse team across the Asia region and also globally
- An aptitude and desire for learning and ongoing professional development
- Candidates with more experience will be considered as Senior Consultant