Advisory Senior Consultant- Mergers and Acquisitions Financial Due Diligence
SCAM ALERT: Caution against fraudulent job offers!More Info
Caution against fraudulent job offers!
We have been informed of instances where jobseekers are led to believe of fictitious job opportunities with Deloitte US (“Deloitte”). In one or more such cases, false promises of actual or potential selection, or initiation or completion of the recruitment formalities appear to have been or are being made. Some jobseekers appear to have been asked to pay money to specified bank accounts of individuals or entities as a condition of their selection for a ‘job’ with Deloitte. These individuals or entities are in no way connected with Deloitte and do not represent or otherwise act on behalf of Deloitte.
We would like to clarify that:
- At Deloitte, ethics and integrity are fundamental and not negotiable.
- We are against corruption and neither offer bribes nor accept them, nor induce or permit any other party to make or receive bribes on our behalf.
- We have not authorized any party or person to collect any money from jobseekers in any form whatsoever for promises of getting jobs in Deloitte.
- We consider candidates only on merit and that we provide an equal opportunity to eligible applicants.
- No one other than designated Deloitte personnel (e.g., a Deloitte recruiter or Deloitte hiring partner) is permitted to extend any job offer from Deloitte.
Anyone who at any time has made or makes any payment to any party against promises of job or selection for a job with Deloitte or any matter related to this (including those for ‘registration’, ‘verification’ or ‘security deposit’) or otherwise engages with any such person who has made or makes fraudulent promises or offers, does so (or has done so) entirely at their own risk. Deloitte takes no responsibility or liability for any such unauthorized or fraudulent actions or engagements.
We encourage jobseekers to exercise caution.
Are you looking to capitalize on your assurance and technical accounting experience in a fast –paced and dynamic deal environment? Deloitte M&A Services is the recognized marketplace leader among large professional services firms in providing merger, acquisition, and divestiture services to corporate strategic buyers and private equity investors. We work with clients on the full range of deal execution issues, including due diligence, tax and accounting structuring, merger integration and post transaction considerations. Our multi-disciplinary approach combines M&A, industry and other function specialists to provide fact-based answers and objective feedback geared to minimizing risk and increasing returns.
Work you’ll do
As a technical expert with deep exposure to accounting issues and reporting requirements, you will research and work with M&A teams on a broad spectrum of technical accounting matters including complex issues in accounting for business combinations, consolidations, share-based compensation, revenue recognition, leases, intangibles and financial instruments. In addition, you will have the opportunity to directly deliver highly valued service to clients through working on a diverse array of M&A engagements. You will -
• Demonstrate an ability to identify and evaluate business, industry, financial, accounting to tax risk related transactions
• Identify potential “deal breakers”, industry, country, and deal-specific risks and opportunities
• Evaluate targets’ historical and projected earnings and cash flows; hidden contingencies, commitments, and tax exposures; as well as quality of assets and internal control structure
• Review and comment on financial, accounting, and tax considerations in investment models, bank finance agreements and public debt offering documents
• Assist in structuring purchase price adjustment mechanisms and other relevant projections in stock purchase agreements
• Identify integration and post-transaction transition issues
• Assist with divestiture strategy, planning, and execution
An in-depth understanding of the M&A landscape, market experience, and access to our global network of advisors means we have the capabilities to help clients confidently pursue strategic transactions in both domestic and global markets – this includes managing the entire M&A lifecycle. Working with our clients to develop growth strategies based on their organizational goals, our services are designed to help clients be prepared to capitalize on opportunities during the merger, acquisition or divestiture process. Learn more about Deloitte Advisory’s Mergers and Acquisition practice.
• Bachelor’s Degree
• 3 + years of US GAAP Accounting experience
• Willingness and ability to accommodate unpredictable and last minute travel
• While up to 40% of travel is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice
• Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future
• CPA, CA certification
• Masters in Finance, Accounting, or Business Administration
• Audit experience with large public accounting firm
How you’ll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte’s impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you’re applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
As used in this posting, “Deloitte Advisory” means Deloitte & Touche LLP, which provides audit and enterprise risk services; Deloitte Financial Advisory Services LLP, which provides forensic, dispute, and other consulting services; and its affiliate, Deloitte Transactions and Business Analytics LLP, which provides a wide range of advisory and analytics services. Deloitte Transactions and Business Analytics LLP is not a certified public accounting firm. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. These entities are separate subsidiaries of Deloitte LLP.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Deloitte will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws. See notices of various ban-the-box laws where available. https://www2.deloitte.com/us/en/pages/careers/articles/ban-the-box-notices.html