Who we are:
We are Dataminr, the leading company that turns social media into real-time, actionable alerts. Our ability to find and deliver information faster than any traditional source has completely revolutionized how critical, relevant and actionable information reaches the news, finance, public sector and corporate security industries.
We have been referred to as the “super tool of journalists and hedge funds" and have been named to CNBC’s Disruptor 50 list in 2014 and 2016, the Forbes FinTech 50 list in 2016, the AlwaysOn Global 250 Top Private Companies list and received an invitation to speak at the World Economic Forum.
Headquartered in New York City and nearing 250 employees, Dataminr provides a challenging and dynamic environment where everyone feels that they have the freedom to be innovative, impactful and influential. Our culture promotes team interaction, work-life balance and the sharing of information and ideas because it empowers us to do our best work and have fun.
Who you are:
A sales professional who is passionate about contributing to the achievement of business results by exceeding quotas and establishing strong customer relationships. You are competitive and focused on building pipelines, pitching and closing new customers within the Corporate Risk industry vertical.
- Develop and nurture relationships with prospects across the enterprise necessary to close sales and achieve results
- Strategically navigate and influence all stakeholders in the buying process including users, influencers and budget decision makers
- Adeptly and intuitively understand when and how to leverage internal support (such as marketing, sales engineers and senior management) in order to close business
- Develop appropriately deep insights as to customer use-cases, internal decision-making nuances, budget cycles and other key information necessary to close the sale
- Approach the market with fervor constantly seeking new prospects and information that can lead to new business.
- Ensure a regular and productive feedback loop to provide customer insights in order to enable the continuous improvement of our products.
- Establish and enforce regular reporting against success benchmarks to infuse a culture of performance management for every stage of the sales cycle
- Work closely with colleagues to identify and hand-off opportunities that need to be handled by inside sales
- Assure that a strong, trusted relationship is established during the on-boarding experience to enable long-lasting customer relationships
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field required
- Sales and prospecting experience at a Software/Technology company
- Experience within the Risk, Government, Intelligence, or Security fields a plus (including internship experience)
- Self motivated and driven
- Ability to establish clear value propositions via excellent communication skills in these forms: customer conversations; company and product presentations; written communications such as email and proposals
- Active listening skills to discover customers’ technical, business and timeline drivers
- Winning negotiating skills, closing skills a plus
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects at a time, documenting them accurately
- Experience selling technology products and services a plus
- Experience with Salesforce or similar CRM
Our offering of competitive benefits and perks include:
- Company paid benefits for employees and their dependents, such as medical, dental, vision, disability and life
- Flexible spending account to be used for out-of-pocket medical, transit, parking and dependent care expenses
- 401(k) savings plan
- Generous leave
- Daily catered lunch
- A kitchen fully stocked with snacks and beverages
- Discounted Gym Membership
…and this is just to name a few!
Dataminr is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.