SCAM ALERT: Caution against fraudulent job offers!More Info
Caution against fraudulent job offers!
We have been informed of instances where jobseekers are led to believe of fictitious job opportunities with Deloitte US (“Deloitte”). In one or more such cases, false promises of actual or potential selection, or initiation or completion of the recruitment formalities appear to have been or are being made. Some jobseekers appear to have been asked to pay money to specified bank accounts of individuals or entities as a condition of their selection for a ‘job’ with Deloitte. These individuals or entities are in no way connected with Deloitte and do not represent or otherwise act on behalf of Deloitte.
We would like to clarify that:
- At Deloitte, ethics and integrity are fundamental and not negotiable.
- We are against corruption and neither offer bribes nor accept them, nor induce or permit any other party to make or receive bribes on our behalf.
- We have not authorized any party or person to collect any money from jobseekers in any form whatsoever for promises of getting jobs in Deloitte.
- We consider candidates only on merit and that we provide an equal opportunity to eligible applicants.
- No one other than designated Deloitte personnel (e.g., a Deloitte recruiter or Deloitte hiring partner) is permitted to extend any job offer from Deloitte.
Anyone who at any time has made or makes any payment to any party against promises of job or selection for a job with Deloitte or any matter related to this (including those for ‘registration’, ‘verification’ or ‘security deposit’) or otherwise engages with any such person who has made or makes fraudulent promises or offers, does so (or has done so) entirely at their own risk. Deloitte takes no responsibility or liability for any such unauthorized or fraudulent actions or engagements.
We encourage jobseekers to exercise caution.
Senior Python Engineer
Deloitte Digital offers services that enable client solutions using digital technologies, including the Web, Mobile, Social Networking, Digital Strategy, Digital Content and Digital ERP. The Digital Web team works with clients to advise, design, implement and deploy eCommerce and Portal solutions. Our eCommerce capabilities provide transactional solutions related to online marketing, sales and service; for both Direct-To-Consumer and Business-to-Business. Our Portal capabilities provide intranet and internet solutions focused on content presentment and transaction capabilities for both internal enterprise as well as customer facing purposes.
Work you’ll do
As a Senior Python Engineer, you’ll support the development and deployment of transformational AI capabilities for large clients. You’ll combine leading open source tooling and techniques with a suite of customer experience libraries and solutions, which automate the management of cross-channel communications with consumers for large clients. We make heavy use of the Python machine learning ecosystem, and build systems to deliver massive decisioning throughput, with tight latency constraints on our real-time systems. If you have Python skills and want to take them to the next level, we want to hear from you!
Your responsibilities will include:
- Participate in all phases of the software development lifecycle
- Help design and implement functional requirements
- Collaborate with our data scientists to build libraries and APIs which make machine learning for customer use cases both easy and powerful
- Manage testing and bug fixes
- Prepare technical documentation
- Integrate with surrounding technology components and services
- Coach junior team members
Successful skillsets for this role are:
- Eager to work with fellow developers, user experience designers, and product owners
- Lead by example, sharing freely and emphasizing transparency in decision making
- Build your teams' collective ability via collaborative techniques like pair-programming and white board design sessions
- Continuously learn and improve, and constantly explore new languages, tools, and techniques
- Treat challenges as opportunities to advance your understanding
- You are an early adopter, and an inquisitive, critical thinker, always seeking to expand your knowledge and experience
- You know that many heads and a diversity of opinions make the best decisions
- You have the confidence to question unclear requirements and make technical decisions independently if initial assumptions are proved false.
- You seek to understand the business-level problems your work is addressing as well as the technical requirements.
Advertising, Marketing & Commerce
Our Advertising, Marketing & Commerce team focuses on delivering marketing and growth objectives aligned with our clients’ brand values for measurable business growth. We do this by creating content, communications, and experiences that engage and inspire their customers to act. We implement and operate the technology platforms that enable personalized content, commerce and marketing user-centric experiences. In doing so, we transform our clients’ marketing and engagement operations into modern, data-driven, creatively focused organizations. Our team brings deep experience in creative and digital marketing capabilities, many from our Digital Studios.
We serve our clients through the following types of work:
- Cross-channel customer engagement strategy, design and development (web, mobile, social, physical)
- eCommerce strategy, implementation and operations
- Marketing Content and digital asset management solutions
- Marketing Technology and Advertising Technology solutions
- Marketing analytics implementation and operations
- Advertising campaign ideation, development and execution
- Acquisition and engagement campaign ideation, development and execution
- Acquisition and engagement campaign ideation, development and execution
- Agile based, design-thinking, user-centric, empirical projects that accelerate results
- 5+ years of experience writing server-side Python applications:
- Deep knowledge of the Python ecosystem, libraries, norms and tooling
- Familiarity with the data or machine-learning ecosystem (pandas, scikit-learn, xgboost, pytorch, and/or similar)
- Experience in deploying and maintaining enterprise-scale python applications in production.
- 2+ years of experience deploying or managing a platform to support data-science-driven decisioning at scale.
- 1+ years of experience on distributed, high throughput and low latency architecture.
- 1+ years of experience building software on top of major container technology (Kubernetes, docker, or similar).
- Strong testing mindset with experience writing tests at various levels of granularity
- Familiarity with Continuous Integration tools (GitHub actions, Travis-CI, etc.)
- Exposure to concurrent programming (trio, twisted, asyncio, or similar)
- A history of good collaboration with Data Scientists, DevOps and Project Managers on meeting project goals.
- Proven track record working with products from major cloud providers (AWS, GCP, Azure, etc.)
- Experience with large consumer data sets used in performance marketing is a major advantage
- Exposure and/or expertise writing Terraform or other infrastructure-as-code automation
- Presence or contributions to projects within the wider open source ecosystem
- Deep familiarity with machine learning libraries is a plus
- Well-versed in (or contributes to) data-centric open source projects
- Experience in performance analysis and optimization of Python applications, e.g. diagnosing memory or CPU bottlenecks, and/or exposure PyPy, etc.
- Experience with low-latency, high-throughput web-services (1,000s of requests per second on 10-20ms internal service time).
- Proven ability to communicate both verbally and in writing within a high performance, collaborative environment.
- Exposure to commonly used relational and non-relational databases
How you’ll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte’s impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you’re applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
As used in this posting, “Deloitte” means Deloitte Consulting LLP, a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Certain services may not be available to attest clients under the rules and regulations of public accounting.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Deloitte will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws. See notices of various ban-the-box laws where available. https://www2.deloitte.com/us/en/pages/careers/articles/ban-the-box-notices.html