Are you interested in working in a dynamic environment that offers opportunities for professional growth and new responsibilities? If so, Deloitte & Touche LLP could be the place for you. Traditional security programs have often been unsuccessful in unifying the need to both secure and support technology innovation required by the business. Join Deloitte's Advisory Cloud Cyber Services team and become a member of the largest group of cybersecurity professionals worldwide.
Work you’ll do
As a Cloud Security Senior Consultant, you will be at the front lines with our clients supporting them with their cloud security needs to securely navigate their journey to the cloud on the leading cloud platforms, by implementing industry leading practices around cyber risks and cloud security for clients. You will execute on cloud security engagements during different phases of the lifecycle – assessment, design, implementation, and post-implementation reviews, particularly you will:
- Serve as a subject matter expert on cloud cyber risk for at least one of the leading cloud platforms (AWS, Microsoft Azure/ Office 365, GCP, Alibaba Cloud, Oracle Cloud).
- Guide clients on their transition from on-premise security technologies to cloud-native options (e.g., Azure Sentinel, Azure Monitor) and assist clients with the deployment of cloud-native and third-party technologies to secure cloud platforms, including cloud access security broker (CASB), cloud workload protection (CWP), and cloud security platform management (CSPM) solutions.
- Conduct cloud security assessments and provide recommendations on required configurations for client cloud platforms (such as AWS, Azure, GCP, Alibaba Cloud, Oracle Cloud) and environments based on Deloitte’s Cloud Cyber Risk Framework. This can include cloud-native or third-party solutions including directory services (e.g., LDAP, Azure Active Directory (AAD)), infrastructure (compute/networking/storage) services, data protection services, security monitoring, logging, PaaS services, and SaaS services (e.g., 0ffice 365).
- Provide technical security support for cloud-native (e.g., AAD) and third-party security services and resolve service-related issues through research, troubleshooting, and working with cloud service providers and third-party security solution vendors.
- Support proof of concept and production deployments of these cloud technologies.
- Provide internal cloud security technical training to Advisory personnel as needed.
- Support the team on proposals, whitepapers, proof of concepts, technical eminence materials and firm initiatives.
Deloitte Advisory's Cloud Cyber team helps complex organizations more confidently pursue their growth, innovation and performance agendas through proactive management of the associated cyber risks. Our professionals provide advisory and implementation services that integrate risk, regulatory, and technology skills to help clients transform their legacy programs into proactive Secure.Vigilant.Resilient.TM cyber risk programs. Join the team developing the future state of cyber risk solutions. Learn more about Deloitte Advisory’s Cyber Risk Services practice.
Working experience in at least two of the areas listed below.
- 4+ years of hands-on technical experience with at least one cloud platform in security or infrastructure implementation and operations.
- 4+ years of hands-on technical experience with infrastructure systems such as networking (e.g. WAF, Firewall and load balancing), operating systems, SCCM and endpoint engineering, and infrastructure automation implementation or operations.
- 4+ years of hands-on technical experience with Cloud Identity and Access management solutions in implementation and operations.
- 4+ years of experience with Big Data and advanced analytics, or AI/ML services (such as Amazon Aurora/Azure SQL/Google Cloud SQL, Amazon EMR/Azure HDInsight/Cloud DataProc, Key management solutions, Storage and backup, Load balancing, Security Management, Databases and EC2 or VM machine hosting Databricks, Data Factory, Amazon Athena/Data Lake Storage/BigQuery, Azure Analysis Services, Synapse Analytics, Machine Learning, etc.)
Ideally the following cloud-related technical experience:
- 2+ years of working with different Cloud platforms (Software as a Service (SaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS) and Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS)) and environments (Public, Private, Hybrid) in a security role.
- 2+ years of hands-on technical experience implementing security solutions for leading Cloud service providers e.g., Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud.
- 2+ years of full stack development and strong experience with either one of these Python, Java, Angular, R, Go.
- 1+ years of hands-on technical experience enterprise-level security incident and event management (SIEM) implementation or operations.
- 1+ years of infrastructure automation (such as PowerShell, Terraform, Puppet) or DevOps/DevSecOps experience.
- 1+ years of containerization experience (Kubernetes, Docker).
- 2+ years of consulting experience.
- 1+ years of PowerShell, ARM and JSON programing.
- BA/BS Degree is required. Ideally in Computer Science, Cyber Security, Information Security, Engineering, Information Technology.
- Travel up to 50% (While 80% of travel is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice).
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future.
- Previous Consulting or Big 4 experience preferred.
- Experience with previous cloud migrations is a plus.
- Depth of experience and knowledge in cloud platform technologies such as Amazon’s VPC, Elastic Load balancing, Global Accelerator, Transit Gateway, Security Groups, Identity and Access Management IAM, Route 53, Key Management Service (KMS), PrivateLink Direct Connect, Virtual Private Network, CloudFront and API Gateway.
- Experience with cloud automation and container tools like bash scripting, Ansible, Docker, Chef or Puppet.
- Experience with JSON, Python, XML and ability to write cloud automation scripts desired.
- Certifications such as: CCSP, AWS Certified Security, Microsoft Azure Security, Azure Security Engineer Associate
- AWS Certified Architect, Microsoft new role-based certifications (Azure), GCP Cloud Architect, GCP Cloud Security Engineer CCSP, CISSP.
- Knowledge of security and privacy-related industry standards and frameworks (e.g., ISO 27001/2, NIST 800-53, NIST CSF, CSA CCM) is a plus.
- Experience with IP networking, VPNs, DNS, load balancing and firewalling concepts – (Focus on cloud native networking, Palo Alto and Cisco DMVPN).
- Experience with Centrify, MFA, McAfee AV, Tenable/Nessus, Trend Micro, Splunk, STIG Hardening.
- Experience with data security tooling (such as Voltage / Informatica) integration with cloud-based storage and data warehouse (DWH) solutions including, but not limited to, EMR / BigTable / BigQuery / DataProc.
- Experience with Security Governance solutions like Redlock or Prisma.
- Background in general security practices such as IAM, Key vault management, Network Security, Incident response or security information and event management (SIEM)
- Experience with integration of AI/ML for Advanced Security Analytics with existing on-premise and cloud platforms (e.g., Network Intelligence/ Sentinel/ Chronicle Backstory).
- Knowledge of business process, user provisioning process, and security maintenance processes.
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills.
- Strong project management and organizational skills.
How you’ll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte’s impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you’re applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.