MANAGER, INCIDENT MANAGEMENT
The Incident, Problem & Change Manager is responsible for the strategic assessment, development, implementation and management of the Product Incident & Problem Management Program. This includes driving effective production wide incident management through incident processes, developing and implementing best practices, systems and tools; as well as providing consultation, guidance and collaborative process management of the day-to-day problem management process.
This role requires an understanding of an industry accepted incident management process such as ITIL and phases of organizational readiness, experience with various methodologies and tools, the ability to look across the enterprise and integrate key information from various problem management initiatives, and a keen ability to rally stakeholders and proactively problem-solve.
The problem management process must ensure remediations are aligned with business needs and compliance requirements, are prioritized appropriately, are of the highest quality, are logged appropriately, are monitored for outcome, and have impacts that are expected across an integrated environment.
What you get to do everyday:
- Own the Product Incident & Problem Management Program
- Manage resources in three different regions
- Define, create, and maintain process and systems that make our products and services better
- Coordinate efforts across multiple teams in order to ensure an effective incident response capability
- Maintain effective communication campaigns to keep all Zendesk stakeholders aware of recent events as well as longer term trends
- Identify new insights from incident and problem data to help focus future efforts on product and service stability
- Manage the major incident process to drive the restoration of services quickly for customers while minimizing the impact
- Review recent incidents to ensure that key information has been gathered and available for post mortem discussions
- Drive root cause analysis and corrective action completion to help eliminate disruption of services and consequently improve the day-to-day operations of the organization using validated problem analysis methodology and tracking all elements of the RCA to closure.
- Facilitate weekly post mortem incident review forums, including a global audience
- Create effective reporting for multiple audiences, delivered with appropriate level of detail, and at a predetermined schedule
- Facilitate prioritization of incident remediation items to ensure that identified open issues are resolved
- Consistently work to keep related remediation projects moving forward
- Coordinate with other teams to contribute to existing incident management and escalation process
- Facilitate occasional process review and training events for those involved in the Incident Management process
- Determine best technology to assist in managing and tracking program data and status
- Document the Incident Management functions and process for both internal and external audiences
- Represent the Incident Management function in internal discussions as well as in interactions with interested customers and other external stakeholders
- Identify and implement employee awareness activities
- Keep abreast of latest Zendesk product offerings and architecture
- Define and report on program metrics
What You Bring to the Role:
- Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, or Business Administration or related field or equivalent combination of education/experience
- 6+ years’ experience in ITIL-based incident, problem, and change management
- Demonstrated working knowledge of ITIL v3
- Preferred, not required - Possess ITIL v3 Foundation Certification
- Ability to remain calm, lead and make strong decisions in intense, high action situations
- Must have strong people and relationship-building skills and have ability to work effectively and collaborate with customers, vendors, peers, supervisors, team members, etc.
- Must be able to work at the conceptual strategic thinking level as well as the detailed, tactical execution of work product level.
- Must have ability to work effectively in a team environment, including teams with a wide range of internal stakeholders and external partners.
- Ability to identify issues and systematically resolve; generate options, analyze best course of action, follow-up with stakeholders and bring resolution.
- Strong information systems technology process background.
Zendesk builds software for better customer relationships. It empowers organizations to improve customer engagement and better understand their customers. Zendesk products are easy to use and implement. They give organizations the flexibility to move quickly, focus on innovation, and scale with their growth. Based in San Francisco, Zendesk has operations in the United States, Europe, Asia, Australia, and South America.
Individuals seeking employment at Zendesk are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.