Senior Communication Designer
Addepar is the financial operating system that brings common sense and data-driven investing to our financial world. Addepar gives asset owners and advisors a clearer financial picture at every level, all in one place. It handles all types of assets denominated in any currency. With customizable reporting, financial advisors can visualize and communicate relevant information to anyone who needs it. Secure, scalable, and fast, Addepar is purpose-built to power the global financial system. Hundreds of single and multi-family offices, wealth advisors, large financial institutions, endowments, and foundations manage over $800 billion of assets on the Addepar platform. Addepar has offices in Mountain View, New York City, Salt Lake City, and Chicago.
Addepar is a 250+ person company that believes in order to continue to grow and succeed, we must craft and deliver a compelling brand experience to our clients, prospects, and employees. As a Senior Communication Designer reporting to the head of Design, you'll work with our Design, Marketing, and Leadership teams to steward and extend our brand for a diverse set of internal and external clients. Partnering closely with the Marketing team, you'll utilize your expert storytelling abilities to craft materials ranging from immediate touch-points to holistic campaigns. By working with the leadership and PR teams to translate complex ideas into easily digestable graphics, illustrations, and other presentation materials, you'll help align people around company objectives.
You'll also provide mentorship and guidance to the other four, talented, California-based Communication designers, as you strategize, initiate, and execute on design projects that will have the greatest impact. You'll leverage best practices, research, and data to challenge prevailing assumptions. As our first Communication Designer in New York, you'll have the exciting opportunity to grow our design presence in that office while working with Product Content Writers, Product Designers, Product Marketing Managers, and Product Managers from both coasts.Qualities we consider critical for a Senior Communication Designer :
- You are genuinely passionate about design
- You are a master craftsman who is : confident about your work and able to identify and communicate the design principles behind it; able to give and receive constructive feedback; adept at storytelling
- You invest time to understanding a problem before trying to create a solution
- You have strong organizational and time-management skills
- You are a strong conceptual thinker
- You are a team player who works well with others and can : own design decisions across multidisciplinary teams; maintain open lines of communication; collaborate and communicate with teams in different time zones; engage comfortably with 3rd parties or agencies to drive specialized projects
- 7+ years experience in design
- Experience working with marketing teams
- Deep understanding of marketing concepts
- Experience working with fin-tech or financial services companies
- Demonstrated ability to develop cohesive identity systems and design languages based on real, understood brand qualities
- Expertise designing: Websites ; Campaigns (landing pages, emails, collateral, advertisements); Events (booth design, swag); Presentations; Infographics; Iconography and illustrations
- (Bonus): Experience with photography and translating brand messages into photographic images
- (Bonus): Experience with motion graphics
At Addepar, we rely on a range of backgrounds, experiences, and ideas. We value diversity, and we’re proud to be an inclusive, equal opportunity workplace.