Lead Android Developer
Are you passionate about developing the next generation of mobile experiences? Join our mobile team, an innovative and growing part of HomeAway, Inc., the world’s leading online marketplace for vacation rentals with sites representing over 2 million vacation home listings throughout 190 countries.
We are looking for a hands-on technical lead (or a Senior Android engineer who wants to grow into a Lead role) who can take full ownership over our Android Traveler applications, bringing innovative uses of mobile technology to our customers while ensuring a seamless experience across our websites and native apps.
- Implement new features and functionality in the Android apps
- Define architectural standards and processes to guide development of the Android apps
- Coach and mentor more junior members of the Android development team
- Work with teams across HomeAway to ensure a seamless user experience for customers across all of their devices
- Champion continuous improvement to help raise the bar on quality, performance and maintainability of mobile applications
- Take ownership of assigned features and collaborate effectively with designers and product managers to exceed customer expectations
- Keep abreast of the changes in the industry and champion new technologies and development processes within the team
- Collaborate effectively with engineering leaders across the company and contribute to building the platform for the vacation rental industry
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent professional experience
- 6+ years of relevant software development experience with excellent object-oriented design skills.
- 4+ years developing and deploying successful native Android applications
- Reference-able (app store) history of creating native commercial apps
- Knowledge of Android internals, frameworks, tools/IDEs, testing and documentation
- Has an obsession for customer experience and an intuitive sense of what makes great customer experiences
- Experience running agile teams
Any experience or education in machine learning, natural language processing, bots, etc. This is only a plus.
- Working with great talents and leadership
- Competitive health and insurance benefits
- Competitive salary
- Annual target bonus or commission
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Vacation rental on a yearly basis (taxable benefit)
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Free snacks and beverages
- Frequent company update talks with our leadership team
- Free listing on HomeAway.com
- Electronic, adjustable stand-up desk, pimp Macs, Macbooks or PCs, double monitors
- Discounted Metro & Rail pass