Senior Software Engineer
About Managed by Q:
Managed by Q is the platform for office management, helping thousands of offices nationwide run their workplace operations more seamlessly by combining technology, expertise, and high quality service. As today’s leading companies are increasingly aware of the need for an excellent workplace experience, they are turning to Managed by Q to deliver it.
The facilities and office services industry represents a more than one trillion dollar opportunity globally, and has seen little to no innovation driven by technology prior to Managed by Q. Today, thousands of companies -- ranging from high growth start-ups to the Fortune 500 -- are using Q to discover, book, manage, and pay service providers across hundreds of service categories including cleaning, maintenance, IT, security and administrative staffing. By combining all of these services onto one frictionless platform, Q is changing the way the world works.
Founded in New York City in 2014 with a vision to build the operating system for offices, Managed by Q has been a powerful voice in the national conversation around the future of work. Heralded as the “standard bearer of good jobs in the on-demand economy,” Managed by Q has built a reputation for championing employee ownership and creating good jobs with opportunities for career growth for workers of all backgrounds. Today, Q employs over a thousand people across 5 cities and works with hundreds of small businesses, many of whom are introducing technology to their business for the first time to improve service quality and grow their bottom line.
Managed by Q is headquartered in Manhattan’s SoHo neighborhood, and has offices in San Francisco, Chicago, LA, and Boston. The company is backed by the world's leading investors including Google Ventures, RRE, Homebrew, Greycroft and Staples.
Engineering at Q
We are using technology to take the headache out of office management. We are building a platform to help office managers run their offices seamlessly, to allow vendors to fulfill requests with ease, and to enable our employees to work more efficiently. We have a problem-solving culture that is based on making an impact instead of hitting arbitrary deadlines.
You will be responsible for making engineering design decisions and developing features that support our technical and product strategy. We are solving logistics problems such as consolidating billing, dispatching the right person to the right place at the right time, helping employees book services seamlessly, vendor fulfillment, and a robust Marketplace. We follow best practices, to ensure we’re writing clean, tested, and scalable code.
What we are looking for:
- We take a generalist approach to hiring. We’re looking for smart engineers who are problem solvers and passionate about their craft
- 4+ years experience building software or web applications
- Experience building and deploying complex but well architected, maintainable, and testable applications
- Strong communication skills- having the ability to understand and explain technical issues to non-technical team members
- Ground floor opportunity at one of the fastest growing companies in the world
- Competitive salary
- Generous Stock Options
- 401(k) with company matching
- No cost premium option for medical and dental insurance
- Casual dress and pet-friendly office
- Cold brew and Kombucha on tap
- Team lunches, happy hours and company outings
- An insanely supportive, hardworking team, building something BIG