University Programs: Software Engineer I
University Programs: Software Engineer I (Bachelor’s Degree)
Raytheon Information Intelligence Systems (IIS) site in Aurora, Colorado has many exciting programs currently under development in the Global Intelligence Systems (GIS), Navigation and Environmental Solutions (NES), and Cybersecurity and Special Missions (CSM) Mission Areas.
Just a few of the currently active programs in Aurora area include:
- full life cycle engineering on state-of-the-art environmental, commercial, and sensing systems for government and commercial space and environmental applications, including Joint Polar Satellite System (JPSS), the GPS advanced operational control segment (GPS-OCX), and James Webb Space Telescope (JWST).
- full life cycle engineering for government and commercial applications.on classified programs that support the intelligence community. Capabilities include ground systems for GEOINT and SIGINT systems, large-scale data processing and exploitation storage architectures and high performance data handling and processing systems.
In addition Raytheon has expertise in large-scale systems development, integration and deployment of high-performance SIGINT and GEOINT systems, missions and resource management, information management, visualization, knowledge discovery and advanced analytics.
Raytheon has many exciting opportunities available in this highly successful organization using state of the art technology and focused on mission success
IIS in Aurora, Colorado is seeking a talented software engineer to join our software team. The candidate must have experience and knowledge with software engineering using modern methodologies. The candidate will work as a software developer and integrator as part of a development team which utilizes a diverse dynamic workforce, including many experts in their fields throughout the design, development and maintenance life cycle.
- Developing new functional capabilities within software applications to meet a wide range of customer requirements and operational needs
- Responsible for performing development, integration, test and documentation duties to ensure proper operation of hardware and software platforms
- Integrating a wide variety of applications from various sources, and ensuring they meet performance standards for stability and resource utilization
- Develop software, tailor reusable software, and integrate software components
- Adhere to accepted standards for development, including writing unit tests which provide a high percentage of code coverage, participating in peer code reviews, conducting design reviews , and generating test plans to ensure maximum stability and quality of code
- Object Oriented Analysis (OOA) and Object Oriented Design (OOD) skills
- Programming skills Java and/or C++Proficiency in Windows, Unix and/or LinuxKnowledge and understanding of software development life cyclesStrong oral and written communication skills; problem solving skills
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date.
- Internship or co-op experience in software engineeringExperience with Software design tools such as Rational Rose, Rhapsody, or comparable toolsExperience with scripting is a plus (Ruby, Perl, Python, PHP, etc.)
- Experience and/or knowledge with Web Service design and developmentExperience and/or knowledge with Service Oriented ArchitectureExperience and/or knowledge with Security related software development ·
- Experience and/or knowledge with one or more databases (Mongo, Postgres)
- Experience and/or knowledge with an Integrated Development Environment (IDE) like Eclipse
- Experience and/or knowledge with DevOps and Continuous Integration
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Software Engineering obtained within last 18 months or Spring of 2018.
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher is desired . (Please include your GPA on your resume.)
This position requires the ability to obtain a government security clearance. Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. Security clearance factors include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and drug involvement. Employment is contingent on other factors, including, but not limited to, background checks and drug screens.