Sr Software Engineer II
M2C2 software engineers are developing a next generation, cutting-edge, extensible framework for Mission Management, Command & Telemetry, and Flight Dynamics. Our complex domain requires innovative solutions to meet evolving customer needs. On M2C2 you will work with teams of talented engineers to develop and improve advanced algorithms that handle large data sets with complex constraints.
M2C2 engineers will gain experience with the full software lifecycle including design, development, test, delivery, and maintenance. In addition to working with other software disciplines, our developers are exposed to various technologies including multi-tiered architectures, Camel, Spring, OSGi, and geospatial visualization tools. Our program follows modern development practices utilizing an agile framework - experience in this area is a plus. We provide robust and easy-to-use tools for reporting status and estimates to your agile team leadership - meaning more time for true problem solving.
Our small agile teams adapt to evolving problem sets, and engineers benefit from a flexible work environment where engineers can migrate between teams to contribute to new domains.
This Software Engineer is responsible to:
- Develop code in compliance with requirements and defined architecture
- Support discrepancy report (DR) work-off
- Support Test Engineering for integration and test activities and events
- Participate in Discrepancy Report Review Board (DRRB), as needed
- Occasionally, provide support to operations (remotely and on-site), and
- Occasionally, provide input to cost estimation efforts for MCRs, ECPs, and proposals.
- Minimum 6 years of Java
- Minimum 4 years of SW development experience using object-oriented techniques
- No clearance required, but ability to obtain TS/SCI SSBI level clearance is required
- United States Citizen
- Active TS/SCI level clearance highly desirable
- Familiarity with Agile
- Familiarity with Linux
- Knowledge and/or experience with mission management/scheduling/flight dynamics
- C++ knowledge/experience
- Knowledge of system integration and system test
- Demonstrated ability to effectively work with and communicate with all levels of management and individual contributors on the program team
- Proven written and oral communication skills, including presentation skills
- Experience with Microsoft Office suite of tools
- Engineering experience on a government software development contract
- Experience with complex satellite ground systems, particularly previous deployment of developed systems to ground station operations
- Experience in architecture design/development of SW centric system
- Qualified Raytheon Six Sigma Specialist or equivalent.
Applicant subject to a U.S. government security background investigation and must meet minimum eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Current TS/SCI security clearance required. U.S. citizenship required.
Required Education (including Major):
Bachelor of Science, BS in Computer Science, Aerospace Engineering, Physics, Math. Equivalent experience accepted.