Product Marketing Manager - Multichannel Ads
As the pioneer and leader in cloud-based transactional email, we’ve seen tremendous growth, counting brands such as Spotify, eBay and Uber among our 58,000+ paying customers. After our customers told us they want to use SendGrid for marketing too, we launched Marketing Campaigns, which combines our powerful sending engine with flexible tools to help marketers design beautiful emails, finely segment audiences, and deliver results for their business. Now, we’re getting ready to introduce a major new solution for marketers, enabling them to run multi-channel display ad campaigns based on email engagement patterns. It’s all part of our mission to help businesses run effective customer communications programs in multiple channels.
This role will drive go-to-market strategy and ongoing marketing programs for our advertising products. This role requires a self-driven marketer with a proven ability to build a deep understanding of business customer needs, to bring market insights that inform product strategy, to craft positioning that conveys the value of complex products, and to lead successful go-to-market efforts that drive product adoption. The successful candidate for this role will have a deep understanding of the needs and perspectives of advertisers.
You will be expected to quickly build an understanding of our strategy for serving marketers, then you will leverage your background in the display ads space in managing a successful ads product rollout. Strong collaboration and relationship building skills are a must, as this role involves working with diverse stakeholders across multiple teams such as Product Management, Marketing and Sales.
What You'll Do
- Work with the Senior Director of Product Marketing and other stakeholders to build and execute on strategies for driving customer adoption of, and success with, SendGrid’s ad products.
- Craft compelling positioning and use customer proof points to convey the value of SendGrid ad products in a variety of channels, including website, sales collateral and marketing/thought leadership content.
- Build and execute on go-to-market plans for new ads product launches, including directly authoring and producing a variety of go-to-market deliverables such as internal briefs, blog posts, email templates, customer-facing slides, one-sheets, etc.
- Establish listening posts to understand the advertising needs of SendGrid customers, and champion those customer needs internally.
- Partner with cross-functional stakeholders to influence ads product direction, messaging strategy, and key deliverables.
- Co-create and co-deliver training content for Sales, Customer Success and partners.
- Keep internal audiences abreast of ads product evolution with frequent updates and detail on upcoming product launches and platform enhancements.
- Track, analyze and report progress against marketing program goals and ROI.
- Be a creative thinker who actively shapes the ways SendGrid differentiates our product offerings for marketers in a crowded and complex ecosystem.
- 2-5 years of experience in product marketing or similar forms of B2B marketing, in the display ads industry. At least 2 years working for ad tech or ad platform companies is required.
- In addition to product marketing, growth marketing experience and skills are highly preferred, including demand gen and campaign management experience.
- Clear understanding of the SaaS market and SMB B2B market — and the routes to market utilized to reach these customers.
- Strong planning and organizational skills required, with experience working closely with cross functional teams.
- Motivated individual with the presence, confidence and energy required to engage and influence many different types of personalities within the organization.
- Ability to work strategically as a proactive self-starter with independent decision making, as well as ensuring operational delivery and having a “hands on” approach when necessary.
- Experience and strong interest in writing marketing copy for use in websites, collateral, and other channels.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- BA/BS required; MBA a plus.