Come and join the Experiences and Devices Group (E+D) HR Team!
We are looking for an experienced HR professional seeking a bold, new challenge and opportunity to have high business impact? The E+D HR team has an opening for a Sr. Human Resources Business Partner role supporting our M365 Core Communications Cloud (IC3), MSAI Experiences and Substrate Foundations organizations. This role will also include supporting an IC Vice President, IC Technical Fellow, and the M365 Core administrative organization.
Within this role, you will have an opportunity to have strategic impact and drive substantive business value for the organization. The M365 Core (IC3), MSAI Experiences and Substrate Foundations organizations, joined together deliver enormous customer value under one roof toward achieving our Modern Workplace business objectives. This role reports to the Sr. Director, Human Resources- Experiences and Devices.
This role will provide you with the opportunity to:
- Increase your business acumen through learning the business objectives for M365 Core Substrate Foundations, IC3 and MSAI Experiences aligned to how these organizations impact our company strategy.
- Work directly with and support CVP executives working to identify, explore and leverage synergies across the M365 Core Communications Cloud (IC3), MSAI Experiences and Substrate Foundations organizations that will help amplify and maximize business impact.
- Exercise and strengthen your ability to apply systems and organizational development thinking, as you work across both E+D and the broader organization. This item also includes applying systems and organizational development thinking to enhance HR business initiatives such as org capability, talent management and other related organizational effectiveness business efforts.
- Provide consultation/coaching to business leaders and improve effectiveness of leadership teams.
- Drive D&I efforts for the team aligned to the broader E+D and MSFT D&I strategy.
- Flex and grow your HR acumen as you partner with leaders with varying team/business needs, pace and configurations (acquired employees, newly established teams, teams going through change).
- Develop a strong muscle for collaborating and getting things done across geographic boundaries with your HR partners (both inside and outside E+D) and clients.
- Collaborates with business leaders to interpret business needs and people priorities. Contributes to the design and/or integration of the holistic organizational plan (i.e., talent, structure, culture, process) for an assigned organization. Partners with business to monitor, execute, and continue to evolve and inform the design.
- Partners and consults with peer HR disciplines (e.g., Talent Management, Organization Development, HR Business Insights) on leveraging the systems model, diagnosing talent pyramid and talent management processes/programs, interpreting results, and building recommendations based on data analyses. Assesses, interprets, and presents findings on organizational effectiveness, and designs and implements assessments or solutions for an organization.
- Interprets results of analyses provided by HR Business Insights on talent management processes (e.g., attrition, movement, polls, compensation patterns), talent needs, and risks. Identifies trends/themes, communicates findings with the business as well as the broader HR community, and provides recommendations to senior leadership about organizational strategies, goals, and actions. Uses knowledge of the business to frame data in a meaningful way when making recommendations. Translates data into action and leads the implementation of data-supported plans.
Change Design & Orchestration
- Identifies the needs for change and leads the implementation and adaption to new or changing structures (leadership or organizational), cultural change, or programs/processes (e.g., training, talent movement) for an organization, client, or time zone. Contributes to developing change management and communication plans in collaboration with the Communications team and business leaders.
- Evaluates internal and external business drivers and environmental factors to foster change adoption among a diversity of employees and managers. Assesses risks and benefits to ensure project feasibility, and collaborates with business leaders or HR partners to develop effective change-management strategies and training materials.
- Identifies gaps in current people plan, people programs, and tools to develop critical skills and maintain productivity. Leads the implementation of the holistic people plan (e.g., talent management, leadership effectiveness, diversity and inclusion, culture). Participates in creating the people plan for an assigned client, organization, or time zone.
Strategic Talent Management
- Identifies talent strengths and needs through ongoing assessment of business needs. Partners with Talent Management to translate business priorities into talent management outcomes. Design approaches to help business leaders make decisions to build, buy, or borrow talent and assess impact of the decisions.
- Assists in building strategic talent plans aligned with organizational strategy, data (e.g., attrition rates, hiring trends) and budgets. Collaborates with Total Rewards to understand the market competitiveness of the client organization's compensation and makes recommendations to improve engagement and retention through fiscal levers.
- Implements talent movement plans in partnership with Talent Management and Talent Development Management (TDM) by identifying potential successors using business insights and data. Drives operational processes and works with others (e.g., managers, Compensation and Benefits) to ready successors and place them in the new role.
- Participates in the development and implementation of talent development plans and programs, in partnership with Talent Management, by analyzing and interpreting business and talent needs. Leverages Talent, Learning, and Insights (TLI) solutions for culture, talent management, employee, leader and manager excellence, and learning and development. May work with Readiness on the onboarding, training and development of talent in the go to market space.
- Partners with Diversity and Inclusion in developing the Diversity and Inclusion plan for the assigned client, organization, or time zone. Contributes to expanding the workforce diversity of the client’s organization and building inclusive leadership practices. Partners with Global Talent Acquisition (GTA) to align on the Diversity and Inclusion and strategic talent plan and promote an inclusive recruiting culture within the client organization.
Leadership & Team Performance
- Assesses data, interprets information, and presents insights and recommendations on leadership effectiveness and performance. Assembles and provides summary status updates and guidance for senior level leadership. Conducts one-on-one effectiveness coaching with senior leaders to improve leadership capability or the resolution of leadership gaps. Coaches managers and leaders to facilitate organizational change and model an inclusive environment.
- Identifies where change is needed and contributes to the development of interventions that improve leadership and team performance to achieve strategic imperatives for a business group. Facilitates the leadership capability planning for an organization, client, or time zone. Executes on strategies and action plans to transform leaders and teams to embody leadership principles.
Strategy Clarity & Alignment
- Translates business strategies into people and organizational priorities. Leads the discussion with the business leadership teams in applying and aligning people and organizational priorities with organization vision and execution, to achieve the business goals for an assigned client, organization, or time zone.
- Identifies gaps in the execution of business strategies and guides business leadership on clarifying and executing business strategies for an assigned client, organization, or time zone. Identifies needs for interventions to drive clarity and address gaps in strategy execution. Leads the implementation of interventions.
- 9+ years work experience with Human Resources processes or related (e.g., hiring, training, performance management, organizational development)
- OR Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources, Business, or related field AND 7+ years work experience with Human Resources or related processes (e.g., hiring, training, performance management, organizational development).
Additional or Preferred Qualifications
- Master's Degree in Human Resources, Business, organizational development or related field.
- Human Resources Professional Certification (e.g., PHR, SPHR, SHRM).
- 3+ years experience with partnering with wide network of clients and across Human Resources to deliver effective business solutions.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.