Vice President (Managing Director), Strategy & Internal Consulting
A career at New York Life offers many opportunities. To be part of a growing and successful business. To reach your full potential, whatever your specialty. Above all, to make a difference in the world by helping people achieve financial security. It’s a career journey you can be proud of, and you’ll find plenty of support along the way. Our development programs range from skill-building to management training, and we value our diverse and inclusive workplace where all voices can be heard. Recognized as one of Fortune’s World’s Most Admired Companies, New York Life is committed to improving local communities through a culture of employee giving and service, supported by our Foundation. It all adds up to a rewarding career at a company where doing right by our customers is part of who we are, as a mutual company without outside shareholders. We invite you to bring your talents to New York Life, so we can continue to help families and businesses “Be Good At Life.” To learn more, please visit LinkedIn, our Newsroom and the Careers page of www.NewYorkLife.com.
The Strategy & Internal Consulting team works closely with the CEO and the Executive Leadership Team to help define & articulate business strategy and support oversight and execution of key enterprise strategic initiatives and other large / complex programs. This team works closely with Finance, Technology and other key stakeholders to drive the annual planning process. The team also supports key decision-making forums and senior executive/Board meetings.
The team partners with Senior Leaders in the various business and functional areas to support development and execution of strategic initiatives within those areas. The team’s role typically includes framing and analyzing complex business problems, developing recommendations, partnering with line managers to drive execution, facilitating governance and communication processes, and playing a key role in informing and influencing decision making.
The Strategy & Internal Consulting team comprises high performing individuals with strong academic credentials and professional experiences with backgrounds in management consulting & industry.
Thought Leadership, Advisory and Executive Communication
- Develop pragmatic solutions to key strategic and operational issues, develop & present recommendations to senior leadership, play a key role in informing and influencing senior management decision making
- Drive iterative development of long-term strategy and operating plan for NYL
- Support development of robust business plans for portfolio of standalone businesses, tying them into core strategy
- Provide enterprise program management overlay to ensure execution of cross-functional strategic initiatives, including interdependencies between key business, technology and financial planning processes
- Oversee agenda and materials development for senior executive audiences & meetings e.g., Board Meetings, Executive Offsites, etc.
- Oversee implementation of multiple key initiatives, working closely with line management responsible for executing change
- Lead execution of key enterprise initiatives by forming collaborative partnerships with colleagues across businesses and functional areas
- Provide thought leadership and strategic oversight in relevant areas (e.g., Digital Transformation, Robotics, etc.)
- Manage governance process, ensuring regular communication and coordination of initiatives across executive management team
- Lead and motivate high performing, diverse teams consisting of direct reports, line managers, and corporate resources in delivering results
- Ensure training and development needs of the team are being met at all points in their career journey
We are looking for outstanding individuals with excellent intellectual & analytical capabilities, pragmatic problem solving skills, strong communications & influencing capabilities, a robust strategy & change management toolkit and a passion to effect change across the organization at the most senior levels.
- Bachelor’s degree required, MBA or advanced degree strongly preferred
- 5-7 years in a top-tier management consulting firm
- Outstanding critical thinking, analytical and quantitative abilities gained through leading large scale high impact strategy assignments
- Strong communication skills including experience in developing C-suite presentations
- Experience in financial services preferred, insurance expertise is a plus
- Broad understanding of current technology practices (Agile, Cloud Computing/SaaS, Enterprise Data Management, etc.) & emerging trends (Robotics/AI, InsurTech, etc.) is desired
- Collaborative work style / leadership presence with ability to effectively interact with & earn trust of peers and senior management across the organization
- Project and process management skills, including proven ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Executive presence; self-starter with a keen sense of ownership and commitment to the work, and a passion to deliver results
If you have difficulty using or interacting with any portions of this Web site due to incompatibility with an Assistive Technology, if you need the information in an alternative format, or if you have suggestions on how we can make this site more accessible, please contact us at: (212) 576-5811.