About FTI Consulting
FTI Consulting, Inc. is a global business advisory firm dedicated to helping organizations manage change, mitigate risk and resolve disputes: financial, legal, operational, political & regulatory, reputational and transactional. With more than 4,600 employees located in 28 countries, FTI Consulting professionals work closely with clients to anticipate, illuminate and overcome complex business challenges and make the most of opportunities. The Company generated $1.81 billion in revenues during fiscal year 2017. For more information, visit www.fticonsulting.com and connect with us on Twitter (@FTIConsulting) , Facebook and LinkedIn .
FTI Consulting continually strives to offer employees and eligible dependents, including domestic partners and eligible domestic partner children, a competitive and comprehensive benefits package. Please click here for more information.
FTI Consulting does not accept unsolicited resumes from external firms or agencies. FTI Consulting will not be responsible for placement fees associated with unsolicited resumes.
FTI Consulting is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, protected veteran status, religion, physical or mental disability, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.
About Forensic & Litigation Consulting
The Forensic and Litigation Consulting practice at FTI Consulting provides multidisciplinary, independent dispute advisory, investigative, data acquisition/analysis and forensic accounting services to the global business and legal community. Our team supports clients facing high stakes litigation, arbitration and compliance investigations, and regulatory scrutiny.
About The Opportunity
FTI Consulting Inc.'s Construction Solutions group is seeking an executive with responsibility for delivering high-quality professional services in the construction industry, including professionals with experience in one or more of the following areas: construction management, construction contracts administration and/or procurement, capital budgeting and construction cost estimating, construction contract auditing and/or project auditing, claims and litigation advisory services, dispute resolution, project management, best practices studies of project management effectiveness and performance, financial modeling, scheduling and schedule analysis, real estate and construction business development, and/or project controls advisory services.
We are looking for individuals with educational backgrounds in engineering, construction management, accounting, and finance. Managing Director candidates should have at least 15 years of construction industry experience. The individual should have some combination of capital projects management, project controls, cost engineering, critical path method (CPM) scheduling, auditing, construction claims, and dispute resolution experience. We are looking for professionals who are excellent team players and will adhere to FTI's core values of Quality, Tenacity, Relationships and Integrity.
- Strategic planning to build a sustainable team with profitable year over year growth
- Significant business development and revenue generation
- Client relationship management
- Quality service delivery and team building
- Prepare expert reports
- Directing, supervising, and overseeing other staff members involved in performing the following services or activities:
- Analysis and preparation of construction claims, CPM schedules and/or construction cost information.
- Dispute-related analyses such as delay, impact, differing site conditions, cost and damages as well as lost productivity analyses
- Labor productivity studies
- Detailed project and program reviews for large capital programs
- Provision of assistance and oversight of large capital projects and programs
- Implementation of, or assisting with development of, corrective action plans related to the "recovery or turnaround" of large capital projects
- Development of project-specific financial models and tools
- Conducting business process assessments and development of business processes for the successful execution and management of large capital projects
- Conducting contract compliance audits
- Recruiting, training, and mentoring Senior Directors, Directors, Senior Consultants and other staff who specialize in construction industry advisory services and litigation support
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Construction Management, or Accounting is required. Master's degree and/or similar advanced degree is preferred.
- Minimum fifteen (15) years or more of energy, power or construction industry experience
- Ideal candidates will also hold one or more of the following certifications/ credentials: licensed professional engineer (P.Eng.), (PQS), certified project management professional (PMP), certified cost engineer (CCE), or certified public accountant (CPA)
- Proficient in Word, Excel, Access, and MS Project
- Experience in expert report preparation and testimony
- Experience and training with Primavera scheduling software
- Excellent communication and presentation skills and exhibits a strong executive presence
- Proactive individual with strong drive, ambition, and enthusiasm
- Able to delegate and supervise the work of others
- Experience in business development activities
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritize changing work loads
- Ability to work independently, exercise good judgment, and be resourceful
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Professional, confident demeanor and appearance
- Capable of defending positions with rationale arguments
- Team player with positive and energetic attitude
Position Classification: Exempt