Addepar is the financial operating system that brings common sense and data-driven investing to our financial world. Addepar gives asset owners and advisors a clearer financial picture at every level, all in one place. It handles all types of assets denominated in any currency. With customizable reporting, financial advisors can visualize and communicate relevant information to anyone who needs it. Secure, scalable, and fast, Addepar is purpose-built to power the global financial system. Hundreds of single and multi-family offices, wealth advisors, large financial institutions, endowments, and foundations manage over $900 billion of assets on the Addepar platform. Addepar has offices in Mountain View, New York City, Salt Lake City, and Chicago.
The Addepar Product Content team brings together talented creators to develop and deliver our company’s message. We’re the storytellers who connect diverse audiences with our product and platform.
As a Product Writer at Addepar, you’ll help users accomplish their goals with our product and platform. To do so, you’ll need to innovate: we’re always looking for new ways to translate Addepar’s tools and processes into messages relevant to our clients. You’ll collaborate across teams, including partnering closely with the Addepar customer education team to shape materials to deliver our core curriculum. You’ll also work closely with Product Managers and Designers to develop intuitive content for our performance reporting application.
Our cross-functional team is at the nexus of a lot of exciting work. If you want to break new ground and leave your mark on an essential global industry, this role is for you.What you’ll do
- Write clear, concise, and compelling documentation for a variety of audiences
- Gain an exceptional understanding of the Addepar product and its users
- Manage complex projects with little direction
- Help users understand how to progress through the client lifecycle
- Partner with the Addepar customer education team to develop a cohesive curriculum and a content strategy for our educational content
- Write cohesive educational narratives across multiple touchpoints
- Investigate and implement new means of communicating with our users (e.g. different media, new places to include content)
- Connect users’ goals and day-to-day work with our web app
- Find the right words to make the application user experience intuitive
- Provide feedback and edit content generated by others
- Hone your craft and build a culture of communication through self-driven projects
- 2+ years of experience developing user documentation or educational content for a tech company (SaaS preferred)
- A portfolio that demonstrates an ability to educate users about complex topics
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Comfort using and explaining advanced software
- Sensitivity to language
- Ability to understand features and communicate their value to the appropriate audiences
- A strong visual design sense, including the ability to identify places where images are more effective than words
- Ability to work collaboratively across teams
- (Bonus) Knowledge of the financial industry
- (Bonus) Experience with an LMS
- (Bonus) Experience with HTML/CSS
- (Bonus) Experience with Github
- Autonomy. Define and run your own projects.
- Variety. Put your talents to use solving lots of different kinds of problems.
- Growth. Learn something new every day.
- Top-notch co-workers. Enjoy your time at work by getting to know your colleagues—we work with people who are smart, interesting, and genuinely nice.
- Regular team offsites. Help us plan the future of Product Content while enjoying the best of the Bay or NYC. (In the past, we’ve celebrated the solstice, picnicked on the beach, and learned to pair wine with tacos.)
- Benefits. Full medical, dental, and vision insurance. 401k. Equity.
- Perks. Company events and retreats. Meals and snacks. Generous vacation policy.
At Addepar, we rely on a range of backgrounds, experiences, and ideas. We value diversity, and we’re proud to be an inclusive, equal opportunity workplace.