AVP, Stress Test Modeling (L10)
Reporting to the VP, Capital Modeling & Tools. This role will be responsible for the development, and implementation of the models and tools used for stress testing, capital reporting, and capital allocation.
- Responsible for assisting with the development and execution of stress testing models for the stress test cycles
- Responsible for the maintenance and improvement of the input files, calculations, and processes related to the suite of models maintained by the capital modeling team
- Assist in providing narrative support for the assumptions, rationale, and projections to various governance committees (ICT, CMC, RC, etc.)
- Assist with responding to or supporting model validation, regulatory or other oversight requests, including exam findings or issues
- Create analytical tools to aid in the development of models
- Work cross‐functionally to support Stress Testing & Capital Reporting, Recovery and Resolution Planning and Capital Strategy teams
- Perform other duties and/or special projects as assigned
- 5+ years’ experience in financial services, information technology, or risk management and a Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Finance, Statistics or related quantitative field or in lieu of a degree, 9+ years of experience.
- 2+ years’ programming experience with software applications & database management, Excel, Word, Power Point, Python and SAS.
- Experience with analytics and statistical techniques leveraging large amounts of data
- Proficient in Hadoop, Spark, and SAS programming
- Strong communication skills
- Experience pulling data from Hyperion/ESSBASE
- Knowledge of stress testing, model development, model validation policies and procedures
- Demonstrated experience in analyzing risk/business data with the ability to distill large amount of information down to the critical areas of focus.
- You must be 18 years or older
- You must have a high school diploma or equivalent
- You must be willing to take a drug test, submit to a background investigation and submit fingerprints as part of the selection process
- You must be able to satisfy the requirements of Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
- If currently a Synchrony Financial Employee, you must have been in your current position for at least 6 months (Level 4 – 7) or 24 months (level 8 or greater), have at least a “consistently meets expectations” performance rating and have the approval of your manager to post (or the approval of your manager and HR to apply if you don’t meet the time-in-job or performance requirement
Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice:
- Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
- If you need special accommodations, please call our Career Support Line so that we can discuss your specific situation. We can be reached at 1-866-301-5627. Representatives are available from 8am – 5pm Monday to Friday, Central Standard Time.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.