AVP, Model Development (L11)
This position will support quantitative predictive modeling/analytics for fraud and collections for consumer and commercial products and serve as a predictive modeler/statistician for model development, model validation support, model deployment activities and ad-hoc analysis.
- Design, develop, and execute the advanced predictive modeling for fraud and collections
- Working with business partners and vendors for model design, development, implementation, validation and model governance requirements
- Create and maintain model documentation. Ensure adequate documentation and oversight for all owned deliverables.
- Manage the model risk management process including model validation, response to independent review questions and assisting in development of action plans to address model governance/validation findings
- Adhere to all model development procedures for modeling and monitoring
- Pull data from source systems utilizing SQL and/or SAS
- Keep pace with the latest developments in academia, regulatory environment, risk technology (vendor and in-house) and financial services industry in order to provide expert guidance to the business functions
- Conduct research and analyze new modeling or analytical methodologies and integrate them into the decision-making process
- Perform other duties and/or special projects as assigned
- Master’s degree with emphasis in Statistics, Mathematics, Economics, Decision Science or other quantitative field and 6+ years of work related experience in a statistical modeling risk analytics position or Bachelor’s degree with 10+ years of work related experience in a statistical modeling risk analytics position
- 5+ years of modeling experience in banking or financial industry
- 5+ years of experience programming with SAS, SQL
- 5+ years of statistical analysis and handling large amount of data
- 7+ years’ predictive analytics experience in banking or financial industry
- 7+ years’ experience with SAS. Proficient in SAS programming including SAS Macro. SAS certification is a plus.
- 2+ years of experience with the application of regulatory requirements for Model Risk (e.g. SR 11-7/OCC 2011-12)
- Model Documentation with ability to explain technical items to non-technical people
- Hands-on data analytics, risk modeling and data management experience
- Strong project management and execution skills
- Excellent written, oral communication and problem solving skills
- Ability to work independently
- You must be 18 years or older
- You must have a high school diploma or equivalent
- You must be willing to take a drug test, submit to a background investigation and submit fingerprints as part of the selection process
- You must be able to satisfy the requirements of Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
- If currently a Synchrony Financial Employee, you must have been in your current position for at least 6 months (Level 4 – 7) or 24 months (level 8 or greater), have at least a “consistently meets expectations” performance rating and have the approval of your manager to post (or the approval of your manager and HR to apply if you don’t meet the time-in-job or performance requirement
Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice:
- Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
- If you need special accommodations, please call our Career Support Line so that we can discuss your specific situation. We can be reached at 1-866-301-5627. Representatives are available from 8am – 5pm Monday to Friday, Central Standard Time.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.