We're a team of 100+ people living and working remotely in 15+ countries. We're working hard to build a diverse and collaborative team that can empathize with each other to solve hard problems and build a product we can be proud of. For the past six years, Zapier has been helping people across the world automate the boring and tedious parts of their job. We do that by helping everyone connect the web applications they already use and love.
We get together 2-3 times per year for a company retreat, and benefits include great healthcare, dental and vision coverage, 401k retirement plan with company match, profit sharing and 14 weeks paid leave for new parents.
Hi there! We're looking for an experienced Recruiter supporting diversity hiring to join the Operations team at Zapier. Want to help grow and nurture the team behind a product that allows anyone to do complex, incredible things with the world's APIs? Then keep reading!
Even though our job description may seem like we're looking for a specific candidate, the role inevitably ends up tailored to the person who applies and joins. Regardless of how well you feel you fit our description, we encourage you to apply if you meet these criteria:
You care deeply about running a fair and balanced hiring and recruiting process that will help match talented people with a role where they can be successful.
You've done recruiting for at least a few years. You have experience evaluating candidates for a variety of roles including technical roles. You've done it on a team and you've done it alone. You have no ego and are ready to hop in to help wherever we need it most.
You are passionate to see more diversity and inclusion in the workplace. You will coordinate and develop initiatives to support the same. Prior success with diversity initiatives is highly valued.
You are a builder. You will work with your manager to iterate on hiring processes, adding automation and efficiency improvements along the way. You don't mind a little ambiguity as we figure it out together.
You are organized. You sweat the small stuff but keep the big picture in mind. You know that a job search is a challenging task and by sweating the details you can provide a more human experience for everyone that interacts with Zapier during a hiring process.
You have experience with Applicant Tracking Systems (we use Workable) or CRM systems.If you’ve not used these tools, you should feel comfortable researching them and pushing buttons to see what happens.
You are resourceful. You're willing to research questions to find the answers.
You are persistently helpful. No matter if it is diversity outreach or screening hundreds of applicants, you are an unstoppably helpful member for our operations team, to both the hiring managers and candidates.
Things You Might Do
Zapier is a small, fast-growing, and remote-first company, so you'll likely get experience on many different projects across the organization. That said, here are some things you'll probably do:
- Identify talented candidates. You'll experiment by yourself or by working in tandem with hiring managers to reach out efficiently to potential candidates.
- Emphasize diversity and inclusivity. You'll look for traditional and non-traditional methods to increase the likelihood we can bring new perspectives to the team.
- Find or create new sources of talent. LinkedIn might be a great tool, but you'll always be looking for new and unique ways to source talented folks.
- Help screen candidates. You'll assist the team and hiring managers by screening a majority of candidates.
- Successfully juggle a variety of roles at once. At any given time you could be working on filling 5-10 (or more) open roles from full stack engineer to marketing specialist to platform support engineer.
- Assist with job posts and rubrics. You'll work with the hiring manager to tighten up job descriptions, screening rubrics, and help polish job posts.
- Iterate on candidate feedback. You'll constantly smooth rough edges in the hiring process by iterating on feedback from candidates or other signals.
- Nurture relationships with individuals and groups. You'll help build personal relationships through introductions, references, or by facilitating participation with community groups.
- Develop diversity pipeline for all current and future roles.
- Support execution of recruiting strategies including D&I programs, employer branding, candidate experience programs, and recruiting analytics and reporting.
- Reach out to people beyond your network, marketing and sourcing to find great talent and introducing them to Zapier.
- As a part of Zapier's all-hands philosophy, help customers via support to ensure they have the best experience possible.
You'll have ample opportunity to impact the hiring process at Zapier—we believe in creating a stellar candidate experience which is a driving force behind our public "Commitment to Applicants". This doesn't necessarily stop after an accepted offer either, onboarding is a continuation of the experience and you'll have frequent interaction with the teams behind the roles.
To be considered for this role, please complete the application on Jobs @ Zapier
We're not accepting applications from agencies or from the Power to Fly portal.
Zapier is an equal opportunity employer. We're excited to work with talented and empathetic people no matter their race, color, gender, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, or age. Our code of conduct provides a beacon for the kind of company we strive to be and we celebrate our differences because those differences are what allow us to make a product that serves a global user base.