Senior Site Reliability Engineer (Cloud Services)
If you’re the right person for the job you will be joining the growing Cloud Services team within HomeAway’s Cloud Platform Engineering Team. As a Cloud Services leader, you will continue to drive HomeAway's culture of engineering empowerment. The Cloud Services team enables developer productivity and velocity through an automated Multi-PaaS cloud infrastructure. This platform is rooted in the principle of infrastructure as code and is constantly evolving and integrating new and interesting technologies. You’ll be expected to continually learn and utilize the latest open-source tools available to enable a seamless experience between our bare metal, public and private cloud environments.
What You’ll Get:
As a leader you will be driving HomeAway's engineering culture, by building, evangelizing and supporting the environments used by all of HomeAway's engineers globally. You’ll have the chance to drive the development experience on the bleeding edge of cloud technologies. Our ever growing footprint will give you the opportunity to work at scale while being creative in an agile team. You’ll be joining a credible team where people go out of their way to help each other succeed. You’ll also get to work with stakeholders across the globe gaining international experience in a fast paced eCommerce industry all while working in an incredible office space!
- Responsible for implementing the overall PaaS infrastructure, tooling and support for the multi-cloud platform
- Working with our internal business partners to gather requirements
- Prototyping, architecting and implementing/updating the platform
- Building and maintaining automation scripts, modules and piplelines (Terraform or similar) to make standing up infrastructure and systems repeatable.
- Developing unit tests, functional tests, and integration test frameworks for distributed systems
- CI/CD pipeline management for infrastructure components
- Performing peer reviews, code walk throughs, and weekly demos
- Must have the ability to be a self-starter and work independently on technical projects but also work collaboratively with project team members through an agile development process that promotes constant team communication
- Must have excellent communication skills to assist in conducting user interview sessions, requirements gathering, and design reviews
- Development experience – You are comfortable creating automated configuration management scripts with Python, Ruby, Terraform etc
- Hands-on administration of multiple configuration management tools, monitoring tools, cloud platforms, and software delivery tools
- Experience with Java, Ruby, Python, Go, Scala, etc.
- Experience with Mesos, Docker, AWS, Azure, VMWare, etc.
- Experience with Artifactory, Consul, DataDog, Kafka, Splunk, Terraform preferred
- Experience with SQL Queries, performance tuning and management of map reduce jobs
- Knowledge of application clustering / load balancing concepts and technologies
- Committed to Open Source Projects. Please provide Github links if appropriate
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Experience working in an agile team environment
- Understanding of code promotion, DevOps, system administration, Puppet/Chef, and Platform as a Service Architecture
- Conduct code walk-throughs, peer reviews, and produce technical documentation