Solstice is a Customer Experience Development Firm that creates idea-driven, digital experiences to bring our customers closer to their customers. Recognized as a thought leader and forerunner in the application of experiential technologies, organizations across industries rely on Solstice to transform the customer journey.
Solstice is looking for a Director of Client Engagement to cultivate opportunities and help continue to grow revenue across a number of territories and industries. Our culture is one that fosters innovation and creative thinking without the bindings that are typically introduced with large organizations. The people we are looking for in this position are no exception.
Reporting directly to the VP of Client Engagement, you will work with our Business Development Specialists, Delivery Sales Support Team, and Customer Success Team to build customer value and drive new business. This position will be responsible for selling Solstice solutions (digital product strategy, user experience and digital product development) in a large geographic territory. Activities involve territory development (reaction to leads and prospecting), lead qualification, customer meetings, proposal development, negotiations, and closing. In addition, you will participate in industry networking events to build direct sales pipelines.
Solstice has grown over 150% in the past three years and we fully expect that growth to continue. The most successful people in this role have pragmatic, hands-on experience in the user experience, mobile or custom software development space, and have a strong knowledge of emerging technology trends. They have a passion for exploring, “what’s next?” and are highly motivated, productive and organized. They have an understanding of user experience design and the agile software development lifecycle and have previously worked with marketing, line of business and/or technology teams -- in a delivery capacity -- in enterprise environments.
- Follow up on inbound leads and also cultivate leads through prospecting, industry networking, and cold calling
- Uncovering interested prospects in key verticals (financial services, manufacturing, distribution, consumer products and retail)
- Develop, maintain, and expand a database of prospects within your pipeline
- Maintain a high level of Solstice solution expertise and competitive intelligence
- Identify decision-makers within targeted leads in order to initiate the sales process.
- Provide compelling value propositions and real-time solutioning, in-person and via phone- emphasizing service differentiators, discussing contract terms and preparing proposals
- Develop sales plans in order to achieve individual and company goals
- Submit accurate and complete information in Salesforce.com and provide regular updates to management regarding opportunities, trends and challenges
- Meet or exceed monthly and quarterly objectives
- 4 years of successful sales experience with 3+ years of experience in an Enterprise sales role, focusing on large scale custom software deployments
- Consulting or agency background with strong consultative sales skills and can demonstrate the ability to sell the value of partnering with Solstice Mobile
- Understanding of user experience design and the agile software development lifecycle and have previously worked with either marketing, line of business and/or technology teams, in a delivery capacity, in enterprise environments.
- Desire to work in a fast-paced, self-directed entrepreneurial environment
- Prominent organization, presentation and time management skills
- Demonstrated analytical and strategic skills with the ability to creatively problem solve
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills, with the ability to effectively interact with all stakeholders, including senior leadership
- A strong understanding of enterprise IT concepts and mobile technology
- A bachelor's degree