Senior Director, Construction Solutions
About FTI Consulting:
FTI Consulting, Inc. is a global business advisory firm dedicated to helping organizations manage change, mitigate risk and resolve disputes: financial, legal, operational, political & regulatory, reputational and transactional. With more than 4,600 employees located in 28 countries, FTI Consulting professionals work closely with clients to anticipate, illuminate and overcome complex business challenges and make the most of opportunities. The Company generated $1.81 billion in revenues during fiscal year 2016.
About The Opportunity:
FTI Consulting Construction Solutions is a leading global provider of commercial management, risk-based advisory, dispute resolution services and strategic communications counsel on complex projects across all construction and engineering industries. Our professionals are industry leaders and seasoned testifying experts, representing top talent across disciplines, including engineers, architects, accountants, quantity surveyors, planning and scheduling specialists, cost engineers, project managers, technologists and strategic communications professionals.
Our clients hire us to ensure that every aspect of their capital program or project is properly governed, well-executed and fully supported from beginning to end. FTI Consulting draws on its breadth of international construction experience and knowledge to deliver the best outcome for our clients, wherever their projects may be located.
Our Construction Solutions Advisory Services practice offers unparalleled breadth of services focused on improving the delivery of construction projects with seasoned professional staff, well proven processes, and use state-of-the-art project management and control solutions that optimize performance, reduce project risk, and improve collaboration among project stakeholders across virtually all segments of the construction industry.
A Senior Director is responsible for building relationships with key clients, managing client engagements, mentoring and developing staff and actively participating in business development.
Tasks may include:
- Conducting business process assessments and development of business processes for the successful execution and management of large capital projects
- Analysis of current state system landscape and development of future state system landscape
- Leading the development of key deliverables for implementations including Business Requirements Documents, Requirements Traceability Matrix, Detail Design Workbooks/Documents, etc.
- Providing Functional Solution Architecture for Project Management Information Systems (PMIS)
- Planning and delivery of system analysis and selection
- Providing subject matter expertise on Project Management processes and/or Project Management Information Systems (Including Project Management/Delivery, Cost Management, Risk Management, Schedule / Resource Management, and Estimating)
- Providing assistance and oversight of large consulting engagements
- Developing engagement specific approaches to Training and Organizational Change Management
- When acting as an Engagement Lead, developing and maintaining an engagement schedule
- Recruiting, training, and mentoring a support group of professionals who specialize in construction industry consulting and implementing Project Management Information Systems
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Building Construction, Construction Management, Management Information Systems, Computer Science or Accounting
- Experience and training with the following industry solutions:
- Aconex / Aconex Connected Cost
- EcoSys EPC / Hexagon PPM
- Primavera P6 EPPM scheduling software
- Primavera Unifier
- Excellent mathematical and organizational skills
- A minimum of 12 years of experience in the construction industry in a Management Consulting,Project Delivery or Technology Implementation role.
- Proficient knowledge of PC environment and related software including Microsoft applications such as PowerPoint, Access and Excel
- Willingness to maintain a flexible travel schedule (up to 80% travel, depending on engagement)
- Proven ability to both sell and deliver construction/capital project consulting or technology engagements
- Strong client relationship management skills
- Ability to manage complex consulting contracts with strong commercial acumen
- Excellent communication and presentation skills and exhibits a strong executive presence
- Bilingual English and Spanish (written and verbal)
- Proactive individual with strong drive, ambition, and enthusiasm
- Able to delegate and supervise the work of others
- Experience in business development activities
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritize changing work loads
- Ability to work independently, exercise good judgment, and be resourceful
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Professional, confident demeanor and appearance
- Capable of defending positions with rational arguments
- Team player with positive and energetic attitude
FTI Consulting continually strives to offer employees and eligible dependents, including domestic partners and eligible domestic partner children, a competitive and comprehensive benefits package. Please click here for more information.
FTI Consulting does not accept unsolicited resumes from external firms or agencies. FTI Consulting will not be responsible for placement fees associated with unsolicited resumes.
FTI Consulting is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, protected veteran status, religion, physical or mental disability, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.