Technology Segment - Computer Forensics - Senior Director
About FTI Consulting:
FTI Consulting, Inc. is a global business advisory firm dedicated to helping organizations manage change, mitigate risk and resolve disputes: financial, legal, operational, political & regulatory, reputational and transactional. With more than 4,600 employees located in 28 countries, FTI Consulting professionals work closely with clients to anticipate, illuminate and overcome complex business challenges and make the most of opportunities. The Company generated $1.81 billion in revenues during fiscal year 2016.
About the Opportunity:
This Senior Director will be responsible for leading the Technology Segment’s Computer Forensic team in the San Francisco region. In addition to possessing Computer Forensic and Data Collection skills, the ideal candidate will also have some background related to Information Security (InfoSec) and have proven business development skills. This position will require the individual to work with FTI’s existing Computer Forensic teams across the country and also to integrate with FTI’s East Coast based Information Security team.
FTI’s San Francisco office is one of the Segment’s strongest offices and it is laden with proven business developers, key technical personnel and Segment leaders, making this position one that is well aligned for success.
- Serve as the overall project lead on both large and small e-discovery engagements
- Serve as the overall project lead on both large and small computer forensic engagements
- Lead the on-site collection of data at client facilities from servers, desktops, laptops, cell phones, tablets and removable media. Locations are mostly domestic but some international travel may be occasionally required
- Conduct forensic examinations of computers and computer related media
- Analyze and deploy best practices applicable to the handling and analysis of electronic evidence
- Identify technical work arounds to non-standard data collection and extraction problems
- Utilize off-the-shelf and proprietary data collection, analysis, and reporting tools
- Work with Business Developers to create customer proposals
- Assist in the development of white-papers, published reports, and articles relevant to the fields of computer forensics, e-discovery and information security
- Develop tools and methodologies to incorporate into current workflow
- Assist with Information Security (InfoSec) investigations
- Supervise and mentorsDirectors, Consultants and Senior Consultants
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Forensics, IS, or other relevant course work
- Minimum of eight years of professional experience in Computer Forensics
- Experience in computer forensics, litigation support, information systems, information security or other relevant experience
- Familiarity with EnCase, Forensic Toolkit (FTK), Macquisition, Cellebrite, NUIX, and/or open source (Linux) forensic tools such as Raptor, etc.
- A strong understanding of Windows and MAC based systems including installing, troubleshooting, and networking. Linux experience a plus
- Strong understanding of and comfort with computer hardware, cell phones, and tablets
- Demonstrable expertise in Email server environments, such as MS Exchange, Lotus Notes, Office 365, Google Office and archiving environments such as Symantec Enterprise Vault
- An understanding of electronic storage technologies such as hard disks, tape backups, flash memory, etc
- Professional certifications including EnCE / CCE / ACE a plus
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to convey complex technical concepts in a simple and concise manner
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
- Possession of, or the ability to obtain, a passport within 30 days of hire
- Ability to travel on short notice
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
FTI Consulting continually strives to offer employees and eligible dependents, including domestic partners and eligible domestic partner children, a competitive and comprehensive benefits package. Please click here for more information.
FTI Consulting does not accept unsolicited resumes from external firms or agencies. FTI Consulting will not be responsible for placement fees associated with unsolicited resumes.
FTI Consulting is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, protected veteran status, religion, physical or mental disability, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.