Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world’s largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America’s largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron’s, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.
The Wall Street Journal is America’s largest newspaper by paid circulation with more than 2.2 million customers. In recent years, the Journal has expanded its core content offering to include coverage of the arts, culture, lifestyle, sports, and personal health, building on its heritage as the leading source of business and financial news. Published by Dow Jones, one of the world’s largest news gathering operations with nearly 2,000 journalists in more than 80 bureaus, The Wall Street Journal now spans 12 editions in nine languages, engaging readers across newspapers, websites, magazines, social media, and video. The Journal holds 35 Pulitzer Prizes for outstanding journalism.
United by our ambitions, the Dow Jones Customer group will attract and retain customers by creating distinctive experiences and valued relationships for mutual profit. We work across all of the elite Dow Jones brands to appeal to a broad, high-level client base and provide a distinctive experience to each one. In addition, the group’s focus is on consistently providing excellent service and developing and nurturing valued, lasting relationships with our customers.
Customer Experience Department
The Customer Experience Department works within the Customer Group supporting our Consumer and PIB businesses to deliver a best-in-class customer experience. The 3 main pillars of customer experience support nearly every facet of Dow Jones globally providing campaign analytics, quality assurance, experience design and much more. They are based out of three main locations (Princeton, NJ; Barcelona, Spain; and Hong Kong).
Customer Service Team
This team provides 1st through 3rd level support for global customer contacts providing 24/7 coverage for clients of our consumer and PIB products. Included with the service team is the contact center operations which is responsible for Training, Quality Management, Service Performance reporting, Service Design and the Systems that support the Customer Service team.
The role of the Research Method Specialist is, while providing superior customer service, focusing on assisting customers with performing specific searches and using more complex research methods in order to utilise the full suite of Dow Jones products more effectively.
Based in: Princeton, NJ/Barcelona/Hong Kong
Reports to: Integration Research Manager
- Create searches for the query database used for both internal and external customers.
- Think out of the box when utilising research method tools, allowing customers to use the suite of products more effectively for their specific requirements
- Provide high level telephone and e-support to customers who require research assistance for the Dow Jones suite of products including advice on search strategies, indexing and content.
- Learn and use all internal tools to provide high level support to customers
- Encourage and increase product usage by up-selling users, liaising with sales account teams where necessary
- Track progress on outstanding incidents to ensure customers get accurate and timely updates and resolutions.
- Build strong relationships with Customer Service colleagues, Technical Support, Sales, and customers
- Collaborate with Sales on projects that might bring new revenue to the company
- Help create searches and/or select content for special company projects
- Participate in activities to improve the overall Customer Experience such as mentoring, focus groups and miscellaneous training sessions
- Act as a subject matter expert in your area
- Strong research skills using Boolean connectors, proximity connectors and taxonomy for the creation of queries
- Ability to analyse and understand customer requests/issues, conduct appropriate research and solve issues correctly in a timely manner
- Proven ability to provide excellent customer service all at times and in all forms of communication with the ability to listen, empathize, and effectively handle challenging customers in a professional manner
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, maintaining the highest service delivery
- Ability to keep ahead of trends
- Technical aptitude with previous experience supporting applications in a web environment
- Understanding of customer needs and ability to suggest Dow Jones products and services to existing as well as potential customers
- Team player to move team toward completion of goals
- Ability to follow a large set of procedural guidelines and adjust to changes when required
- Positive outlook on change and a flexible approach to the work environment and structure
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets