Hello! Gitlab is partnering with PowerTofly because they care about diversity and inclusion. PowerToFly, the community of women helping women elevate their careers, is helping Gitlab fill this amazing position by looking for candidates like you.
GitLab is looking for a Field Marketing Manager - East Coast to help transform how marketing supports sales for this established, technology company that cares. Interested in working with helpful, kind, motivated, and talented people? Then read on…
We know applying for and taking on a new job at any company requires a considerable time commitment and an act of trust. We want you to feel at ease and excited to apply to GitLab. To help share a bit more about life at GitLab, here are the top 10 reasons to come and work for GitLab. We hope you'll take a leap of faith and apply.
Top 10 reasons to work for GitLab:
1. Work with helpful, kind, motivated, and talented people.
2. Work remote so you have no commute and are free to travel and move.
3. Have flexible work hours so you are there for other people and free to plan the day how you like.
4. Everyone works remote, but you don't feel remote. We don't have a head office, so you're not in a satellite office.
5. Work on open source software so you can interact with a large community and can show your work.
6. Work on a product you use every day: we drink our own wine.
7. Work on a product used by lots of people that care about what you do.
8. As a company we contribute more than we take, most of our work is released as the open source GitLab CE.
9. Focused on results, not on long hours, so that you can have a life and don't burn out.
10. Open internal processes: know what you're getting in to and be assured we're thoughtful and effective.
Although our job description may seem like we are looking for a specific candidate, the role inevitably ends up tailored to the individual who applies and joins. Regardless of how well you feel you fit our description, we encourage you to apply if you’re seeking a position where you can use your skills to be transformative.
You have strong communication skills without a fear of over communication. This role will require effective collaboration and coordination across internal and external stakeholders.
You have the ability to empathize with the needs and experiences of IT leaders, IT ops practitioners, and developers. You have passion for and understanding of the developer tools, IT operations tools, and/or IT security markets.
You are detail-oriented and organized, and able to meet deadlines, with past experience delivering, accelerating, expanding sales pipeline through regional marketing and experience with supporting both direct sales and channel sales teams.
Things you’ll do:
Adapt digital and content marketing programs to the needs of the US East Coast Sales Team.
Create, expand, and accelerate sales opportunities through regional and account-based marketing execution, within product-marketing defined strategy.
Be an advocate for the sales region you support and help the rest of the marketing department understand their priorities.
Be an advocate for the marketing department and help the sales team you support understand the marketing department's priorities.
Swag management for sponsored events, GitLab owned events, and in support of the sales department.
Vendor management for swag and regional marketing.
Decision making and discretion regarding event selection and planning in support of regional sales objectives.
Regional event strategy, decision making, and onsite management.
Event logistics in support of the team. From helping to book space for meetings to making sure the booth is staffed, and making sure every aspect of our events are well organized.