Cloud Capacity Planner/Strategist
The Cloud Capacity Analyst / Strategist role optimizes the private cloud and the underlying hardware infrastructure environment through ensuring capacity purchased is appropriately sized and managed over its useful life in accordance with business needs. Candidate will be expected to provide a total systems perspective including a technical understanding of relationships, dependencies and requirements of hardware and software components. This role requires a deep insight into usage of Infrastructure in the Data Center and the Cloud, along with robust experience with analytics and modeling tools.
KEY ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- This position is responsible for the Cloud capacity management and monitoring strategies, policies and plans that optimize the value and performance of assets through effective bench marking and / or process development practices.
- Tests strategies that lead to the long-term viability and profitability of the enterprise through enhanced capacity management process improvement practices.
- Participates in cross-functional initiatives with teams comprised of Engineers, Finance partners, Data Center and Business Units/ Clients to maximize the efficiency of programs and processes end-to-end.
- Evaluates key capacity related issues and client business trends pertinent to the organization and makes recommendations assuring that issues are identified and managed to mitigate any adverse effect on profitability, reliability, safety and customer/community relations.
- Models capacity forecasts using systems and business metrics.
- Manages workload successfully across environments achieving optimal performance.
- Performs problem determination using monitoring and data collection tools in capacity related disciplines.
- Analyzes performance data, identifying bottlenecks and recommending alternative resolutions.
- Producing ad hoc resource usage reports and analysis.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE :
- This position requires very strong customer service skills, the ability to manage multiple and diverse Cloud-related capacity and demand management issues to resolution, with minimal supervision. A self-motivator, this position requires someone to be resourceful in identifying issues and being able to escalate appropriately.
- Highly Analytical and can develop strategies based on data-driven business insight.
- Able to build trust and credibility between finance, Cloud Operations, Engineering, and the management team.
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels of the company and make presentations to senior management.
- Applicant will have 7+ years current experience in Capacity Planning and Performance modeling, forecasting, and tuning for Distributed Systems.
- Knowledge of Cloud concepts and platforms (AWS, Azure).
- Knowledge of various Cloud service models, including laaS, PaaS, and SaaS.
- Proven ability to develop appropriate plans to meet computing needs in a Data Center and Cloud environment.
- Proven ability to automate routine tasks using a scripting language.
- BS in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Management Systems or a related discipline
- MBA Preferred
Symantec is an equal opportunity employer. All candidates for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.