Lead IT Support Engineer
Our mission is to serve cancer patients and our customers by dramatically improving treatment and accelerating research. Our team is building a disruptive, oncology-specific software platform that connects cancer centers across the world on a common technology infrastructure to address key healthcare challenges.
This NYC based role supports users in our NYC & SF office as well as a population of remote workers. In this lead role, you will manage our queue of the day-to-day support requests and actively respond to support requests. A typical day will include ensuring that all support tickets are assigned, working with the IT support team to ensure SLA and targets are being met, responding to support requests, account administration, and contributing to the varying “whatever it takes to get the job done” needs of our team. We are a small, growing team which means there are changing priorities, and plenty of opportunities for you to learn and contribute.
As a Lead IT Support Engineer you will:
- Triage and manage our IT Support Ticket queue. You will be expected to balance the workload of tickets amongst our team and work with each member to ensure SLA’s and targets are being met.
- Mature the management of IT tickets by improving ticketing workflows, SLA’s, developing target metrics, and producing weekly/monthly reports that identify key performance indicators.
- Provide day-to-day support and troubleshooting of Mac OSX, Windows 10, Chromebooks, desktop applications, and conference room hardware.
- Endpoint management using JAMF & SCCM/GPOs.
- Lead initiatives to mitigate endpoint security risk, improve performance, and deploy tools that help productivity and accessibility.
- Cloud administration and user support for applications like GSuite, Okta, JIRA/Confluence, and Zoom.
- Update and add new documentation for our employees in our knowledge base, workflows, and playbooks.
- Participate in our on-call support rotation which includes after-hours support, new hire onboarding duties, offboarding duties for exiting employees, and event A/V support.
- Provide guidance and technical mentorship to our IT support engineers.
- Participate in duties for the IT Infrastructure team.
- You have 4+ years experience in enterprise IT Support and have been a Senior or Lead IT Support Engineer.
- You are experienced with Powershell and/or Python.
- You have experience with GSuite’s API and can automate system administrative duties.
- You have a thorough understanding of network protocols and services: TCP, UDP, TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP.
- Operational experience supporting and managing Active Directory, Windows domains, and GPOs.
- Experience with an SSO solution such as Okta, OneLogin, and/or ADFS.
- Heavy experience managing a computer fleet using JAMF & SCCM/GPOs.
- In-depth GSuite and Bettercloud administration experience.
- Don’t necessarily follow the same recipe all the time. You challenge the status quo and optimize when it makes sense.
- You are customer service driven and excel at providing the best possible user support experience.
- Microsoft Certified (in any area)
- JAMF Certified
- Apple Certified Mac Technician (ACMT) certification.
- GSuite Administrator certification.
- Experience supporting Zoom video conference or similar technologies.
- General A/V experience (videography, mics, soundboards, lighting, etc).
- Previous work experience at a growing company.