Today, there's more data and users outside the enterprise than inside, causing the network perimeter as we know it to dissolve. We realized a new perimeter was needed, one that is built in the cloud and follows and protects data wherever it goes, so we started Netskope to redefine Cloud, Network and Data Security.
Since 2012, we have built the market-leading cloud security company and an award-winning culture powered by hundreds of employees spread across offices in Santa Clara, St. Louis, Bangalore, London, Melbourne, and Tokyo. Our core values are openness, honesty, and transparency, and we purposely developed our open desk layouts and large meeting spaces to support and promote partnerships, collaboration, and teamwork. From catered lunches and office celebrations to employee recognition events (pre and hopefully post-Covid) and social professional groups such as the Awesome Women of Netskope (AWON), we strive to keep work fun, supportive and interactive. Visit us at Netskope Careers. Please follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter@Netskope.
About the role
Please note, this team is hiring across all levels and candidates are individually assessed and appropriately leveled based upon their skills and experience.
The Netskope UI provides our customers with a single unified view into the Netskope Platform, allowing them to fully utilize the rich set of cloud security features Netskope provides. The UI engineering team collaborates with backend service teams to provide the user interface for Netskope products. The team works on both the frontend as well as the web application backend, working closely with our backend teams on Machine Learning, Threat, DLP, IaaS, API’s and other cool technologies. The team is also responsible for the Netskope REST API Gateway which exposes our REST API’s to the customers.
What’s in it for you
We are looking for a highly motivated, skillful and hands-on Tech Lead looking to move into the Engineering Manager role. In this role you will be responsible for building the next generation of user experiences across all of our Netskope products. If you can comfortably put on the hat of developer, architect, manager, and leader, we would like to speak with you about this exciting, impactful opportunity.
What you will be doing
- Hiring, coaching, and growing a high performing UI team of talented engineers with diverse skill-sets.
- Participating in architecture and technical design discussions, and driving product direction & strategy.
- Conducting code reviews and diving into code as necessary to optimize design and troubleshoot issues.
- Providing technical leadership and strategic direction for the Netskope UI and API Gateway.
- Participating in deep technical discussions and providing direction for the team.
- Collaborating across organizational boundaries to ensure a shared roadmap and streamlined delivery of features.
- Refining and growing existing processes, or developing new ones, to enable smooth functioning of the UI engineering team.
- Collaborating with the geo-distributed team to own and deliver projects end-to-end.
- Communicating across functional teams and driving engineering initiatives.
Required skills and experience
- 10+ years of experience developing web UIs and 5+ years of technical leadership / management experience
- Hands-on experience building and managing web UI applications using Angular, React or similar frameworks.
- A consistent track record of collaborating across teams to build and deliver world-class UI applications.
- Experience working with Node.js and Express (knowledge of NestJS a plus).
- Knowledge of secure web development practices.
- Experience working with Cloud Security and/or cloud technologies is a plus.
- An energetic, self-starter personality and attitude, with the desire to work in a dynamic fast-paced environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- BSCS or equivalent required, MSCS or equivalent strongly preferred
Netskope is committed to implementing equal employment opportunities for all employees and applicants for employment. Netskope does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices based on religion, race, color, sex, marital or veteran statues, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, genetic information, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), or any other characteristic protected by the laws or regulations of any jurisdiction in which we operate.