Software Engineer - Norton Security for Windows
Symantec Corporation (NASDAQ: SYMC) is the global leader in cyber security. Operating one of the world’s largest cyber intelligence networks, we see more threats, and protect more customers from the next generation of attacks. We help companies, governments and individuals secure their most important data wherever it lives.
We make the world a safer place by helping people, businesses and governments protect and manage their information, so they can focus on achieving their goals.
Who we are:
Relentlessly protect Norton users from bad guys. Across the globe, we combine our talents, our brains, and our creative energy to reinforce our place as a world-class technical community. We love to build products and take pride in writing highly efficient code that is optimized for time and size. We have some amazing people working tirelessly to solve interesting problems and we love people who are passionate about building great things and bringing products to the hands of consumers. In the Norton Business Unit, you will have the opportunity to be a part of this global team of security and product engineers working to deliver world class Norton Security products with over 40 million end-points. Our division is at the center point of creating technologies to protect user devices and data from bad guys. These technologies are being built for PC, Mac, and Mobile platforms.
We are looking for:
Talented and passionate Engineers to work on the next generation security client for Windows. You will be working with some of the smartest engineers in the world working on a world class product. We are an engineering company and are looking for people who possess a solid set of technical skills and bring and nurture new ideas, challenge the status quo, are passionate about technology and about making an impact on many tens of millions of customers. As engineers who can wear many hats, are leaders and want to make a difference, you will be working on various projects which are essential to Symantec’s needs.
- Works with minimal supervision. Is able to take general direction and formulate specific tasks to accomplish the desired end result. With little or no supervision, completes analysis of partially defined tasks, contributes to functional specs/design documents and works with guidance from Architects.
- Responsible for development and implementation of complete software components.
- Create production quality code with high efficiency (Efficient Time, Space complexity).
- Be part of a scrum team in an Agile development environment.
- Provide consultations with other scrum teams that are dependent on his expertise.
- Can successfully manage multiple projects and assignments across one or more teams
- Anticipates and identifies problems then provides alternative solutions to successful end result.
- Reviews the design and code of junior developers and takes necessary corrective actions if needed
- Ability to interact with support teams to help resolve infield issues.
- Ability and willingness to constantly learn and be upto date on latest technology advances.
- Work closely with Product Managers, Program Managers, and Quality Engineers to help develop quality products, testable code/design, and test tools.
- Provide thought and technology leadership towards building great products
- Keep customers protected by building innovative security solutions that run on millions of endpoints
- BS in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent combination of Training with 2-4+ years of related work experience.
- Strong data structure and algorithm fundamentals.
- Strong communication skills (Written and verbal).
- Strong Problem solving skills.
- Expert in C++
- Excellent troubleshooting skill to root cause complex issues
- Should have the experience in analyzing crash dumps
- Demonstrated skill in using coding standards and being an active participant in code reviews
- Should have experience of usage of tools such as Coverity and Bullseye
- Generates engineering test plans from functional specification documents.
Symantec is an equal opportunity employer. All candidates for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law