Tax Senior Manager, Indirect Tax - National Recovery Practice
- Maintaining and developing strong client relationships on various state and local indirect tax consulting/compliance engagements.
- Identifying client needs and leveraging Deloitte’s range of services and extensive resources to meet those needs and cross-sell among various lines of service.
- Acting as a trusted business advisor to clients on a variety of state and local indirect tax issues including sales & use and excise tax overpayment reviews, tax implications of sales and purchase transactions, audit defense services, nexus planning, and voluntary disclosures.
- Managing engagement profitability, billings to clients, and engagement team resources.
- Drafting and presenting new proposals to new and existing clients.
- Providing leadership, counseling, and career guidance for the development and motivation of the engagement team.
- 10+ years’ experience in state and local indirect tax (sales & use and excise tax)
- Proven ability to grow and manage a book of business and a solid reputation as a subject matter expert within state and local indirect tax (sales & use and excise tax)
- Solid understanding and experience with state and local indirect tax compliance, tax planning, tax analysis, and tax research
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or other related field
- CPA certification if qualified to sit for the CPA; if not qualified, CMI, licensed attorney, Enrolled Agent, or other appropriate certification
- Excellent research and writing skills
- Excellent presentation and communications skills
- Solid management experience
- Advanced degree such as Masters of Tax or JD and/or LLM
- Previous Big 4 or large CPA firm experience
As used in this posting, “Deloitte” means Deloitte Tax LLP, a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Certain services may not be available to attest clients under the rules and regulations of public accounting.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Deloitte will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws. See notices of various ban-the-box laws where available. https://www2.deloitte.com/us/en/pages/careers/articles/ban-the-box-notices.html