Business Systems Administrator
GitLab Inc. is a company based on the GitLab open-source project. GitLab is a community project to which over 1,000 people worldwide have contributed. We are an active participant in this community, trying to serve its needs and lead by example. We have one vision: everyone can contribute to all digital content, and our mission is to change all creative work from read-only to read-write so that everyone can contribute.
We value results, transparency, sharing, freedom, efficiency, frugality, collaboration, directness, kindness, diversity, boring solutions, and quirkiness. If these values match your personality, work ethic, and personal goals, we encourage you to visit our primer to learn more. Open source is our culture, our way of life, our story, and what makes us truly unique.
Work remotely from anywhere in the world. Curious to see what that looks like? Check out our remote manifesto.
Top 10 reasons to work for GitLab:
1. Work with helpful, kind, motivated, and talented people.
2. Work remote so you have no commute and are free to travel and move.
3. Have flexible work hours so you are there for other people and free to plan the day how you like.
4. Everyone works remote, but you don't feel remote. We don't have a head office, so you're not in a satellite office.
5. Work on open source software so you can interact with a large community and can show your work.
6. Work on a product you use every day: we drink our own wine.
7. Work on a product used by lots of people that care about what you do.
8. As a company we contribute more than we take, most of our work is released as the open source GitLab CE.
9. Focused on results, not on long hours, so that you can have a life and don't burn out.
10. Open internal processes: know what you're getting in to and be assured we're thoughtful and effective.
- Serve as the primary administrator of our Salesforce instance and complete the usual tasks of which include field creation, layout modifications, and implementation of workflows and validation rules
- Provide first-tier support for end-user technical or process questions in Salesforce and other systems primarily managed by business operations
- Simplify, enhance, and modernize existing Salesforce features.
- Collaborate with other departments to improve integration between Salesforce and other mission-critical systems, including marketing automation, billing, engineering, and support.
- Drive testing and validation of Salesforce configuration and development.
- Participate in the planning and analysis of business requirements for system changes and enhancements.
- Identify opportunities for process automation and optimization, with a focus on scalability and driving significant enterprise growth
- Develop best practices that align data quality with company initiatives
- Monitor system adoption, data compliance and governance
- Monitor performance and scalability and refactor existing sub-optimal features.
- Support the sales and account management teams with the creation and configuration of complex quotes within our Salesforce/Zuora environments, as well as troubleshooting issues that arise in the systems during the quote-to-cash cycle.
- Document any process or business system changes to our handbook
- You have 2+ years in a Salesforce Administraion/Development role, preferably for SaaS companies. You should have a very solid understanding of the subscription business model and the processes that support a customer lifecycle from initial lead creation through acquisition and retention.
- You are highly adept at Salesforce administration. You know how to create workflows, validation rules, and use Process Builder and/or Flows. Maybe you’ve done some Apex coding, but it’s not necessarily required for this role.
- You are passionate about automation.
- You don’t like nor need to be micromanaged. We’re a distributed (ie, remote) company, so you’ll need to be focused enough to complete deliverables without any managerial oversight.
- You can move fast and juggle multiple projects- all while keeping very close attention to detail.
- You don’t get bogged down on a single project. Deliver what you can and believe in iteration as a lifestyle.
- You’ve supported at least 50 Salesforce users at some point in your career. Bonus points if you’ve scaled to 200+ users.
- You’ve used (or at least are aware of) Marketo, Zuora, DiscoverOrg, Zendesk, and LeanData.
Applicants for this position can expect the hiring process to follow the order below. Please keep in mind that applicants can be declined from the position at any stage of the process, and may be asked to interview additional team members. To learn more about someone who may be conducting the interview, find her/his job title on our team page.
- Selected candidates will be invited to schedule a screening call with our Global Recruiters
- Next, candidates will be invited to schedule an interview with the Sr. Director of Data & Analytics
- Next, candidates will be invited to schedule an interview with the Director of Sales Operations
- The strongest candidates may be asked to schedule additional 45 minute interviews with our CFO
- Finally, candidates may interview with our CEO