Employees at L3 Communication Systems-West create solutions that save lives. Join our team and serve those who serve us.
Who is L3 Communication Systems-West (L3 CSW)?
With over 3400 employees, we are one of Utah’s top employers. Our smart devices send mission-critical data into armed conflicts to help our troops stay safe by staying in touch with key information. We’ve taken large communications systems—ground based, mobile, satellite, surveillance and reconnaissance—and developed new ways to make them smaller and more capable.
Why should you work at L3 CSW?
Not only can you make life-saving differences for our troops, but at L3 CSW, you can have a flexible work schedule, buy up to 80 hours of additional vacation, access our on-site health clinic, work out in our on-site fitness center, eat in our on-site cafes with healthy food discounts, ride our shuttles or bicycles around our campus, take advantage of our tuition reimbursement, access L3 Perks, and so much more!
Who works at L3 CSW?
We are committed to diversity in every aspect of our business. Our inclusive culture welcomes all employees and values their unique contributions to our success. For L3 CSW, diversity enhances our business.
Are you ready to be L3 CSW?
Join us as we keep our nation and troops safe by providing life-saving solutions for use on sea, land, air, and space.
L-3 Communication Systems-West is currently seeking experienced Systems Engineers. The Systems Engineer will be responsible for the life-cycle support of data link (wideband, narrowband and/or SATCOM) systems from conceptual development through product phase-out. This includes proposal support, requirements analysis and management, task planning, technical documentation (including generation of Statements of Work and specifications), design oversight participation, design synthesis in a multi-functional engineering environment, build and test support, subcontract control, risk management input, and system deployment and in-house technical support during the operational life-cycle of the system.
- Performs research and development in assigned engineering discipline
- Leads, plans and conducts technical projects or portions of projects
- Employs best practices, tools and techniques and applies processes and methodologies selected to design and develop new products or modify existing products
- Leads and participates in the capture and/or management of customer and derived requirements, decomposition and assignment of requirements to appropriate functional areas of responsibility, insuring traceability from a verification test matrix back to original customer and system level derived requirements
- Develops technical specifications, interface control documents, test plans and procedures, analyzes configuration and processing solutions, and tests conformance to specifications
- Recommends new or improved design solutions and processes; reviews literature, patents and current industry practices of relevance to assigned project
- Ensures technical performance, quality, and adherence to schedule
- Follows processes in conformance with established policies and objectives
- May coordinate the efforts of technical support personnel and may mentor and/or provide work leadership
- Provides technical consultation to internal organizations and/or customers
- Evaluates vendor capabilities to provide required products or services
- Participates in design reviews
- An ABET (EAC/CAC) accredited Bachelor's or Master’s of Science degree in Electrical Engineering is strongly preferred, but other engineering disciplines will be considered
- 8-15 years experience in wireless communications
- Comprehensive understanding of engineering architecture and design concepts along with thorough understanding of the engineering practices and procedures required to develop, test and deploy systems.
- Experience defining systems architectures for wireless communication systems including the integration and qualification thereof
- Experience in product development (preferably in military application environment)
- Presentation and communication skills (verbal/written/visual)
- Effective problem solving skills and the ability to meet critical deadlines
- Effective coordination of project(s) and efforts of technical support personnel
- Ability to productively contribute work, ideas and collaboration as part of a team
- Ability and willingness to travel when required to lead and support customer installation, demonstrations and general field support
- An active Secret or Top Secret clearance is preferred
- Experience in lieu of a degree will be considered.
This position may be filled at a higher grade based on the successful applicant's skills, education and experience.
Due to the nature of our work qualified candidates must be able to obtain and maintain a DoD security clearance.
Equal Opportunity Employer – minorities / females / veterans / individuals with disabilities / sexual orientation / gender identity.
L3 maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance-abuse testing and background checks.