L3 TECHNOLOGIES PHOTONICS Division has evolved from a legacy of over 40 years providing optical products and services to Government and Commercial industry. Our mission is to provide free space optics and fiber optic communications solutions to our world. We pride ourselves in engineering solutions for complex Optical Networks, Metrology, RF over Fiber, Free Space Optics, Optical Sensors, Electro-Optic Systems and Automated Optical Processing Systems.
We are currently seeking an experienced Senior Software Engineer to join a cross-functional team of Program Managers, Optical Engineers, Physicists, Electrical Engineers, Mechanical Engineers, Software Engineers and Technicians.
* Design and implement multithreaded C# desktop applications
* Agile software development in a fast paced environment
* Communicate and collaborate on interdisciplinary teams to field complex solutions in machine automation, metrology systems, communications systems and more
* Exercise creative thinking for developing unique solutions to advance our core and new business areas
* Conduct requirements analysis, integration and testing
* A bachelors degree in CS or a degree in a closely related field and 7+ years of experience. Advanced degrees preferred.
* Extensive experience with C# object-oriented architecture and design and patterns
* Strong .NET 4.0/4.5 framework knowledge and experience
* Understanding of common design patterns used in Windows Forms or Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) applications
* Experience in developing complex multithreaded applications (any language)
* Experience in all aspects of the software development lifecycle (SDLC)
* Familiarity with unit test frameworks, such as NUnit
* Familiarity with version control (SVN, GIT etc.) and task management systems (JIRA, FogBugz etc.)
* Java development experience
* Knowledge of Entity Framework integration with MySQL, SQLite or SQL Server Compact
* WPF / XAML / MVVM development experience using PRISM, Unity or MEF
* Machine vision, Machine control and data acquisition experience
* Hardware control experience using RS-232, GPIB, TCP/IP and manufacturer APIs
* Web service experience using WCF, SOAP or REST
* Solid understand of the Linux OS
* Experience in test driven development using dependency injection
Candidate must be able to obtain a Top Secret U.S. Government security clearance
Equal Opportunity Employer – minorities / females / veterans / individuals with disabilities / sexual orientation / gender identity.