Cybersecurity Project Coordinator
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
The Project Coordinator is a full-time position in NBCUniversal's Technology team and will provide project coordinator and administrative support to the SVP, Chief Information Security Officer. The ideal candidate for this position has exemplary planning and time management skills and can organize and manage calendars, keeping scheduling operations running smoothly and efficiently. This individual will also be instrumental in helping to develop and manage team building and engagement activities for cybersecurity employees. This position has visibility to the NBCU Executive Leadership team. Poise, articulate and professional communications are required. This is a tremendous opportunity for growth due to exposure to full cyber organization.
- Responsible for proactively managing/coordinating daily schedule/calendar, contacts, travel arrangements, meetings (internal and external), conferences, and seminars
- Arranges and schedules numerous meetings; maintain and update calendar; determines importance of meeting requests and schedule accordingly; demonstrate flexibility, patience and persistence in routinely rescheduling meetings
- Serves as first-line of defense with the high volume of communications of phone and email
- Arranges travel and all accommodations including comprehensive and detailed itineraries
- Process reimbursement and expense reports in accordance with established policy guidelines; track expenses and follow-up in timely manner
- Provides a bridge for smooth communication; demonstrates leadership to maintain credibility, trust and support with senior management staff
- Responsible for excellence in complex meeting/event preparation (AV, room scheduling, telepresence events, etc.), set-up, and follow-up including preparing presentations/agendas/materials, documenting notes, and coordinating follow-up items to completion, arranging for food/drink
- Coordinate on-boarding and off-boarding employees and consultants, including hardware installation request/repair, space planning, etc.
- Manages general office and administrative tasks, including ordering of miscellaneous supplies, renewing memberships and subscriptions, managing distribution lists, photocopying, faxing, deliveries, etc.
- Manage department files, including electronic document systems, intranet web sites, wikis, and web-based project management tools
- Creates and edits presentations, agendas, spreadsheets, communications, databases, and reports
- Prioritize and track deliverables, manage project timelines, deadlines and requests
- Participate in meetings, take notes and disseminate information to relevant stakeholders, including weekly email updates
- Responsible for drafting and editing correspondence
- Communicate with direct reports including directors, and managers for various requirements and maintain confidentiality as necessary
- Manages special projects as designated and assist other department members as necessary and acts as back up for other assistants on team
- Perform other duties as assigned and assist with special projects as needed.
- Previous experience in coordinator position
- Previous experience maintaining executive’s phone, calendar, work and travel schedules using Microsoft Outlook
- Strong interpersonal skills, including a professional phone manner and in-person presence
- Proficient with Microsoft Office programs including Outlook, Word, and Excel with advanced knowledge of PowerPoint
- Ability to work with and maintain confidential information
- Experience taking detailed notes and extracting action items
- Ability to understand priorities and adjust meetings and content appropriately
- Willingness to create a deliverable without detailed instructions – courage to tackle a blank sheet of paper
- Interest in information technology and cybersecurity
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.