Key Account Manager
About L3 Technologies
L3 Technologies is a prime contractor in Command, Control, Communications, Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (C3ISR) systems market and a leading provider of a broad range of electronic systems used on both military and commercial platforms.
Our customers include the U.S. Department of Defense and its prime contractors, U.S. Government intelligence agencies, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, allied foreign governments, domestic and foreign commercial customers and select other U.S. federal, state and local government agencies.
L3 Technologies employs approximately 38,000 people worldwide with reported 2016 sales of $10.5 billion
About L3 Aviation Products Division
L3 Aviation Products Division is a provider of general aviation, commercial and military avionics. L3 Aviation Products manufactures a diverse line of safety-and efficiency-enhancing products for next generation requirements, including transponders, ADS-b systems, configurable voice and data recorders, collision avoidance systems, navigation products, display systems and processors.
L3 Aviation Products also offers aftermarket services, including MRO and integrated performance-based logistics for military and commercial systems. Primary business unit sites are Alpharetta, GA; Grand Rapids, MI; and Sarasota, FL. This position is based in Seattle, WA.
L3 Aviation Products is seeking a Key Account Manager for overall Account Management, Strategy, Relationship and Sales responsibility primarily for the Boeing Commercial account.
Candidates must have an established track record of delivering a high-level of sales performance and of ensuring customer satisfaction to customers in the aviation industry. The Key Account Manager will also have experience in selling complex avionics equipment and systems and will have strong communication skills, priority management and ability to work autonomously.
This position is located in Seattle and requires customer interaction at multiple disciplines and levels, as well as coordination & interaction at multiple levels within the L3 Divisions.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
• The Key Account Manager will be responsible for defining the L3 Key Account strategy at Boeing Commercial, getting L3 Management buy-in and executing such strategy.
• The Key Account Manager will position L3 to significantly grow the business with Boeing Commercial for both L3 Aviation Products Division (APD) and Aviation Communications and Surveillance Systems (ACSS).
• Develop the business cases, proposal strategies and lead overall proposal activities for customers’ Requests for Proposal.
• The incumbent will also be responsible for providing timely forecasts of business capture, sales and orders booking, status of pursuits and proposals, influencing / understanding the RFP requirements, the competition, and providing a win strategy with a recommended Price to Win.
• The Key Account Manager is also responsible for contributing to overall Customer Satisfaction through provision of feedback & assurance of clear and consistent communication between the customer and the APD/ACSS leadership.
• The Account portfolio might be expended to include selected Boeing operators (airlines).
• Accurately forecast customer orders and deliveries to support the company’s manufacturing and financial planning. Assume responsibility for achieving the forecasted Orders and Sales objectives.
• Able to generate, maintain, and present sales management artifacts and tools such as strategic sales plans, account plans, sales funnels, capture plans and order forecasts.
• Able to develop and understanding of and ensure adherence to L3 contractual policies and procedures, and to company Legal and Ethics policies.
Skills and Knowledge
- BA/BS in Business Administration, Marketing or Engineering, with MBA a plus.
- 5-10 years technical sales experience in systems, technology and manufacturing environment with knowledge of the aviation industry and avionics systems required and a track record of success.
- Complete knowledge of sales and marketing principles and concepts, with additional knowledge of avionics and airframe technology as well as domestic and international customer business environments.
- Excellent written and oral communication as well as effective presentation skills. Ability to present business plans and sales strategies to senior and executive management.
- Skill in negotiations and customer relationship building skills are critical.
- Demonstrated leadership traits, with past management experience a plus.
- Personal integrity, professionalism, goal-oriented, results-driven self-starter.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite required.
- Requires up to 25% - 50% travel.
More About L3 Aviation Products Division
Growth. Operational excellence. Talent and teamwork. The highest ethical standards.
These pillars define L3 Aviation Products and our legacy of advanced next-generation avionics solutions ( Aviation Communication & Surveillance Systems), Cockpit and Data Recorders, Standby Systems for general aviation, and Advanced Display Systems and Global Support Services for several markets (general and business aviation, commercial and military aircraft, and helicopters).
Our years of experience and comprehensive product significantly benefit our customers. We draw on these collective strengths and approach every need from multiple perspectives and with an array of solutions.
With every product and service, we provide, L3 Aviation Products customers can expect a single-minded commitment to the right solutions, delivering unsurpassed quality, value and reliability.
L3’s proudest accomplishment has been earning the industry’s trust, and we work without compromise to be worthy of the trust each day.
L3 is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer. We encourage minorities, women, veterans and disabled individuals to apply. Equal Opportunity Employer – minorities / females / veterans / individuals with disabilities / sexual orientation / gender identity. L3 maintains a drug free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks.