Senior Associate - Marketing Analytics & Optimization
A career at New York Life offers many opportunities. To be part of a growing and successful business. To reach your full potential, whatever your specialty. Above all, to make a difference in the world by helping people achieve financial security. It’s a career journey you can be proud of, and you’ll find plenty of support along the way. Our development programs range from skill-building to management training, and we value our diverse and inclusive workplace where all voices can be heard. Recognized as one of Fortune’s World’s Most Admired Companies, New York Life is committed to improving local communities through a culture of employee giving and service, supported by our Foundation. It all adds up to a rewarding career at a company where doing right by our customers is part of who we are, as a mutual company without outside shareholders. We invite you to bring your talents to New York Life, so we can continue to help families and businesses “Be Good At Life.” To learn more, please visit LinkedIn, our Newsroom and the Careers page of www.NewYorkLife.com.
Senior Associate – Marketing Analytics & Optimization
New York Life (NYL), America's largest mutual life insurance company and Fortune 100 Company, has embarked on a transformative journey to build on the power of digital tools, data sciences, and consumer centrism to further our mission for our customers. NYL’s Marketing group is on the forefront of this journey – leading the research, insights, digital innovation, and analytics necessary to creating connected, meaningful experiences for our customers.
The Senior Associate will join the Marketing Analytics & Optimization team to drive key analytics activities across the marketing organization. In this role, the Senior Associate will work in close collaboration with multi-discipline stakeholders to support business and strategic initiatives. The Senior Associate will manage and contribute to channel level planning and forecasting. The Senior Associate will create regular sales and cost updates for senior management with an emphasis on measuring performance against historical trends and forecasted performance. The Senior Associate will contribute to and assist with the annual and periodic planning processes, establishing strategies, sales plans and cost forecasts for the channel manager.
The Senior Associate is expected to utilize a data-driven approach and understand business goals to measure and gather insights. The role is highly collaborative and must partner with both internal business and technology teams, as well as external agency and vendor partners. This role will give someone an opportunity to be exposed to a wide variety of problems and grow into various potential roles within the organization (marketing, strategy, product, etc).
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Create marketing activity reports on an ongoing basis that accurately reflect the latest sales, cost, and circulation trends across key market segments - including the development of an innovative new approach to compiling and presenting relevant information
- Refresh data, build dashboards/reports in data visualization tools, provide detailed analyses, and fulfil ad hoc requests across different projects
- Manage the planning and forecasting process: create and review historical trend analyses, agree upon plan assumptions and build projections worksheets for review with the Marketing leadership throughout the year
- Work closely with stakeholders to monitor program status. Plan and inform senior management of trends or issues that result in variance to plan
- Develop and utilize quality control processes that validate the accuracy and reasonableness of marketing plans and sales projections across all key measures
- Provide detailed analyses and insights to develop and inform new business strategies
- 1-3 years of relevant experience in an analytics role
- Strong analytical skills with solid foundation in data analysis
- Comfortable managing, manipulating and analyzing large data sets
- Proficient in MS Excel and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of using data analytics and visualization tools
- Positive, can-do attitude, well-organized and extremely detail-oriented
- Prior experience with Access and SQL
- Prior experience with marketing and marketing strategies
- Knowledge of database structure, queries, and reporting techniques
- BS in an analytical/quantitative discipline is preferred; Statistics knowledge a plus
If you have difficulty using or interacting with any portions of this Web site due to incompatibility with an Assistive Technology, if you need the information in an alternative format, or if you have suggestions on how we can make this site more accessible, please contact us at: (212) 576-5811.