Senior Automation Engineer
Senior Automation Engineer
At OpenTable, we take pleasure in Software Development. We believe that velocity comes from a commitment to clean code and solid engineering principles. We deliver innovative products through rapid, continuous development. Millions of diners and thousands of restaurants around the globe use our products. If you are excited by constantly challenging engineering processes and can deliver exceptional quality in a fast-paced, agile environment, we'd like to meet you. Bonus points if you love restaurants too!
As Senior Automation Engineer you will be integral in the build and support process for a globally available product. You will lead the development and maintenance of web automated tests, be responsible for monitoring our automation tests in Teamcity, tracking automated tests, researching and fixing failed tests. You will technically lead and mentor our QA team members as we continue to grow the international markets.
You will be responsible supporting our automation test suites across our consumer platform, optimizing runtimes, fixing failures and drive towards more scalable solutions that present faster run times without loosing business value.
- 5-7 years testing experience
- Strong background in automated testing
- Experience in Selenium or Cucumber
- 3+ years of experience in object-oriented programming (Ruby, Python, Java, etc.)
- Experience building automation frameworks based on Page object model.
- Ability & desire to technically lead and mentor QA team members
- Working with product owners and software engineers to produce quality work
- Ability to do both black box and white-box testing
- Knowledge of BDD and/or TDD
- Demonstrable QA experience within an internationalized web environment
- Ability to create and review stress test plans, functional tests, capacity tests, unit tests, black white box tests.
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Strong communication with internal and external customers
Nice to have
- Experience with Docker and Mesos
- Experience performing in a DevOps role.
- Familiar in testing web services for scalability and throughput using Jmeter
- Experience working with CI tools such as TeamCity, Jenkins
- Experience in a production environment
- Summarize and report on progress and quality
OpenTable, part of The Priceline Group (NASDAQ: PCLN), is the world's leading provider of online restaurant reservations, seating more than 16 million diners per month via online bookings across approximately 35,000 restaurants.
Since its inception in 1998, OpenTable has seated more than 830 million diners around the world. The Company is headquartered in San Francisco, California, and the OpenTable service is available throughout the United States, as well as in Canada, Germany, Japan, Mexico, the UK, and Australia.