We are looking for a motivated, enthusiastic, and pro-active build & release Engineer. This individual should be very comfortable with CI/CD concepts and is expected to participate in all aspects of the builds, branching, merging, automation and devops etc. including maintaining existing and future tool set. Sometimes work in the lab may be required.
• Be the primary contact for the tool set owned and maintained by the group.
• Continuous maintenance and improvement of automation & tools.
• Will be required to develop, maintain and improve hooks/workflow between various tools/moving parts.
• Create and maintain fully automated CI /CD processes for multiple products.
• Work closely with the development, operations, QA, documentation and internal/external users.
• Write & maintain scripts for customizing the tool set, build, deployment, maintenance and related tasks.
* Strong shell/Perl/Python experience required.
* Experience with mysql or another database helpful.
* Strong background and understanding of Linux (RedHat/CentOS preferred).
* Experience and knowledge of RPM management, yum, Linux and minor sys-admin tasks.
* Experience and knowledge of Koji is a strong plus.
* Solid understanding of source code control systems, branching, merging, releases etc.
* Experience in Perforce/GIT/Stash.
* Experience with CI/CD tools such as Jenkins, Artifactory, Jira, Confluence, Bugzilla.
* Background in Windows is a plus.
* Experience with VMware technology is a plus.
* Experience with automation/configuration management using Chef, Salt, Puppet, or an equivalent is nice to have.
* At least 7+ years of experience with automation, tooling, CI/CD/builds.
* Solid experience in a large development organization.
* A passion for detail and excellence.
* A self-starter and resourceful person who doesn’t need hand holding. Given a problem, immerses into it starting from the top level and go as deep as required to solve the problem.
* Results-oriented and able to work with tight deadlines.
* Ability to manage conflicting priorities.
* Deliver high quality work and keep the work documented (both in-line and separately).
* Good interpersonal skills; capable of collaborating and brainstorming with technical staff.
* Strong oral and written communication skills
Symantec is an equal opportunity employer. All candidates for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.