Business Intelligence Developer
Symantec Corporation (NASDAQ: SYMC) is the global leader in cyber security. Operating one of the world’s largest cyber intelligence networks, we see more threats, and protect more customers from the next generation of attacks. We help companies, governments and individuals secure their most important data wherever it lives.
About the Role:
Under the guidance of the Senior Manager, Business Intelligence, the Principal Business Analyst will be responsible for creating the Reporting framework for Consumer Business Unit (CBU). He/she will be interacting with Business directly, and often at the highest level, understanding the reporting needs and challenges and then work on creating solution for the Business. These may involve creating Reports, or as necessary Dashboards, Metadata layer and other BI components. Reports and analytics include those delivered on a periodic basis (i.e. daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, annually, etc.), as well as those requested on an ad-hoc and as-needed basis. Reporting and analytical content will vary from the general (e.g. as that prepared for executives and directors) to the very detailed (e.g. as that prepared for managers and staff). Interaction with key stakeholders (Finance, Executive etc.) along with support teams (Analytics, Datawarehouse) will be done on every day basis to create a Data driven environment at Symantec.
- Fully understand the data various Symantec Data assets and leverage Business Intelligence tools to create standard reports, dashboards and other components.
- Work with different Functional Units to understand their reporting needs, on-board new recruits, do training as necessary and provide BI guidance
- Understand the KPIs and Goals for CBU and work towards creating value by data driven reports and dashboards
- Create, build and update Business Intelligence reports and dashboards using Business Objects, QlikView and Tableau.
- Work with CBU Product Owners to answer backlog tickets and projects using SCRUM methodology
- End users interaction using training on the tools, solving business problems and Presentation
- Work with Business Intelligence Administrators to manage, upgrade, update BI platforms
- Work directly with the Business bringing good value to Symantec
- Work directly with BI Architect and Administrator
- Update BI Manager with Reporting challenges and create solutions
- Work with Data warehouse, Data Analytics and DBA team.
- Capable of dealing directly with Business
- Thinking outside the box and come up with creative solutions
- Ability to clearly layout the challenges and work within BI team and DW team
- Understand the challenges of the Business and create the right solution
- Business Intelligence - 8+ years experience
- SAP Business Objects – 6+ years
- Web Intelligence – 6+ years
- Business Objects Designer – 6 years
- Tableau Experience – 6+ years
- QlikView – 4+ years
- Exposure to other industry leading BI Tools a plus
- Administration experience in at least 1 tool – 5+ years
- Database - 8+ years experience
- Oracle, SQL Server, Teradata
- Strong background in writing SQL and PL/SQL
- Exposed to Database Analytical Functions, In-line Queries, Sub-Queries, Aggregate functions
- Preferred experience on UNIX, Linux
- Data warehouse -8+ years experience
- Understand Star and Snow Flake schema
- Strong understanding of Kimball and Inmon approach
- Conversant with Dimensional Modeling
- Understand the BIDW Lifecycle
- Working Knowledge of ETL, exposure to Informatica preferred
- Background in Data Modeling preferred
- Understand the existing BI Deployment (Business Objects, QlikView, Tableau + Oracle/Teradata)
- Self-starters with good communication and presentation skills, and capabale of multi-tasking
- Ability to write SQL, create tables, throw quick prototype etc.
- Ability to protect all forms of highly confidential and proprietary business information and ability to maintain the highest standards of privacy and security, and follow and abide by all information and security policies and practices.
- Preferred experience
- Web Analytics including Google Analytics, Omniture etc.
- Text Mining & Social media mining
- Sentiment Analysis
- Advanced Analytics using Hadoop and R
- Knowledge of Office tools like JIRA. Confluence etc.
Symantec is an equal opportunity employer. All candidates for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.