SMB Customer Advocate
You might describe yourself as conscientious, helpful, gregarious, and thoughtful. You have experience communicating with technical people and helping them solve problems when they are evaluating technical solutions. You enjoy conversing with software developers, IT ops professionals and believe that the work they do has the potential to dramatically improve our world for the better.
GitLab Inc. is a company based on the GitLab open-source project. GitLab is a community project to which over 1,000 people worldwide have contributed. We are an active participant in this community, trying to serve its needs and lead by example. We have one vision: everyone can contribute to all digital content, and our mission is to change all creative work from read-only to read-write so that everyone can contribute.
We value results, transparency, sharing, freedom, efficiency, frugality, collaboration, directness, kindness, diversity, boring solutions, and quirkiness. If these values match your personality, work ethic, and personal goals, we encourage you to visit our primer to learn more. Open source is our culture, our way of life, our story, and what makes us truly unique.
Work remotely from anywhere in the world. Curious to see what that looks like? Check out our remote manifesto.
Top 10 reasons to work for GitLab:
1. Work with helpful, kind, motivated, and talented people.
2. Work remote so you have no commute and are free to travel and move.
3. Have flexible work hours so you are there for other people and free to plan the day how you like.
4. Everyone works remote, but you don't feel remote. We don't have a head office, so you're not in a satellite office.
5. Work on open source software so you can interact with a large community and can show your work.
6. Work on a product you use every day: we drink our own wine.
7. Work on a product used by lots of people that care about what you do.
8. As a company we contribute more than we take, most of our work is released as the open source GitLab CE.
9. Focused on results, not on long hours, so that you can have a life and don't burn out.
10. Open internal processes: know what you're getting in to and be assured we're thoughtful and effective.
- Experience managing an inbound request queue and assisting prospects and customers with online chat, email, and phone correspondence.
- Familiarity with the needs of software development and IT operations teams.
- Basic understanding of application lifecycle management including the technology commonly used in application lifecycle management.
- Basic understanding of DevOps practices, including the cultural shift it represents and the benefits to building and shipping software upon adopting those practices.
- Experience in a role that puts customer needs above all else.
- Product demo experience.
- Working knowledge of software development methodologies such as Waterfall, Agile, and Conversational Development.
- Comfortable with frequent client phone calls to explain hard-to-understand concepts and deployment options.
- Excellent spoken and written English
- You are obsessed with making customers happy. You know that the slightest trouble in getting started with a product can ruin customer happiness.
- Affinity with software and the software development process
- Passionate about technology and learning more about GitLab
- 3+ years experience in sales, marketing, or customer service
- Experience with CRM and email automation software is highly preferred
- An understanding of B2B software, Open Source software, and the developer product space is preferred
- Is your college degree in French foreign politics with a minor in interpretive dance but you’ve been hacking together websites since you were 12? Perfect. We understand that your college degree isn’t the only thing that prepares you as a potential job candidate.
- Be ready to learn how to use GitLab and Git
- Start part-time or full-time depending on situation
- You share our values, and work in accordance with those values
Applicants for this position can expect the hiring process to follow the order below. Please keep in mind that applicants can be declined from the position at any stage of the process. To learn more about someone who may be conducting the interview, find her/his job title on our [team page](/team).
-Qualified applicants receive a short questionnaire from our Global Recruiters
-Selected candidates will be invited to schedule a [screening call](/handbook/hiring/#screening-call) with our Global Recruiters
-Next, candidates will be invited to schedule a first interview with Business Development Representative Lead
-Candidates will then be invited to schedule a second interview with Manager, Sales and Business Development
-Candidates will be invited to schedule a third interview with our Senior Director, Marketing & Sales Development
-Candidates will be invited to schedule a fourth interview with our Chief Marketing Officer
-Finally, our CEO may choose to conduct a final interview with the candidate
-Successful candidates will subsequently be made an offer via email