Creative Director, Aladdin Platform - Aladdin Product Group
The Creative Director will lead the creative direction and visual identity of the Aladdin digital platform. Primary to the role is the ability to create a visual language for Aladdin that can transform information into interfaces that enable understanding and outcomes for users.The role requires a deep knowledge of existing financial investment and management tools, the information workflows that drive positive investment outcomes, the interaction approaches for pre-trade, trade, plus post-trade experiences, and an ability to create concepts, design applications & refine ideas through product buildout while maintaining the BlackRock brand integrity.The Creative Director will be responsible for the design of innovative products and experiences that fundamentally change for the better how institutional investors access research, trading and analytics through the Aladdin digital platform.The integration of user research, testing, usage analysis, through iterative releases and design tuning will translate these product concepts into usable, useful and monetizable technology. The Creative Director will collaborate closely with the technology, product, and business team to develop experience strategy, create interaction concepts, iterate on the visual design, determine priorities, viability and experience opportunities, while also analyzing the overall aesthetic merit and quality of the end product.
- Define, refine, document and evangelize the Aladdin brand and visual direction across type, color, layout, interface, interaction methods, animation, & graphics to create a strong, usable and consistent platform brand.
- Collaborate with the Digital Marketing team to execute the brand direction and strategy through the Aladdin platform visual system.
- Communicate the standards of the visual identity, interaction approaches, and brand goals through guides, education and tune ups.
- Design interfaces that connect Aladdin clients to the markets with visual clarity, absolute ease and actionable intelligence.
- Develop the strength of BlackRock's Aladdin identity so that it becomes a leading brand in the financial services industry.
- Create and maintain a product experience identity derived from product goals, user behaviors, market needs, competitive analysis, best practices, and unique brand hallmarks.
- Research, conceptualize, analyze and validate new interaction methods, techniques and frameworks as applicable to client engagements and Aladdin needs and integrate them into the existing product processes.
- Review holistically the suite of Aladdin applications to drive consistency in design patterns and create a more intuitive platform experience.
- Develop an innovation approach for application design that can transform the existing user experience expectations in alignment with the product road map, in order to improve the Aladdin digital experience and deepen engagement and satisfaction with BlackRock services.
- Educate in advanced information graphic forms including chart types, map techniques, display conventions, advanced and content specific chart types, interactive, dimensional, temporal and spatial forms.
- Experiment and visualize data and information for Aladdin users in order to explain dynamic complex concepts graphics intuitively.
- Create, maintain and evolve a portfolio of interaction and visualization concepts that document the interaction opportunities in the financial technology space.
- Develop an innovation practice for visualization that will transform the experience of information in order to generate new business insights, improve understanding and deepen user engagement.
- Build relationships at BlackRock and with thought leaders in the field of visualization and emerging digital practices in order to share findings, publish innovations, and connect to larger talent pools.
- Determine the creative approach and methodology for the design team that is integrated, collaborative and innovative for business, technology and clients.
- Provide the necessary creative leadership to ensure our team is producing work at the highest quality.
- Recruit, manage and develop design talent as needed.
- Manage designs to deliver concepts against a strategic product plan.
- Ensure team vision and group priorities are aligned with the greater BlackRock objectives.
- Report to leadership on the efficacy of the practice and product programs using key business & performance metrics.
- Be a passionate leader who uses their deep understanding of design, user experience, visualization and technology to guide teams and their efforts.
- 15+ years of experience combining leadership creative design and user experience design in the financial industry
- Deep knowledge of existing financial investment and management tools,
- Specialization in information workflows that drive positive investment outcomes
- Experience identifying interaction approaches with an ability to create concepts, design applications & refine ideas through product buildouts.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.