Waters Corporation is the world's leading specialty measurement company focused on improving human health and well-being through the application of high-value analytical technologies and industry leading scientific expertise. They offer:
Waters Corporation is currently seeking a Senior Software Engineer to join our organization. Working in the Instrument Control team on new product development, this area of our business is highly collaborative, operating in an interdisciplinary environment which integrates software, electrical and systems engineering.
Waters is developing solutions that have a meaningful impact on the world:-
- Waters leads the way in helping scientists find ground-breaking treatments for cancer and other diseases.
- Waters helps ensure the quality & safety of food, water and other drinks.
- Waters helps drive innovation in new materials.
- Waters helps drive innovation for biodegradable plastics, safer cosmetics and latest consumer electronics.
What can we offer you?
In addition to salary, we work flexibly and provide 25 days holidays, excellent family friendly benefits such as attractive employer pension contribution, life assurance, income protection and private medical. With Waters, there are plenty of opportunities for you to grow, develop and contribute.
Remote working options are available.Responsibilities
- Design, develop and maintain all aspects of software developed by the department.
- Work in close partnership with software test engineers to improve product quality.
- Provide code, automated tests and supporting documentation in accordance with the software development processes.
- Build strong working relationships with other departments.
- Degree (or equivalent) in a science, engineering or computing related subject.
- Proven commercial development experience in C++. Any experience with C#, VxWorks or instrument control software would be an advantage.
- Excellent communication and decision making skills.
- Passionate about software development, which you can clearly convey by your actions and experiences.
Waters Corporation (NYSE: WAT), the world's leading specialty measurement company, has pioneered chromatography, mass spectrometry and thermal analysis innovations serving the life, materials, and food sciences for more than 60 years. With more than 7,000 employees worldwide, Waters operates directly in 35 countries, including 15 manufacturing facilities, with products available in more than 100 countries. Our team focuses on creating business advantages for laboratory-dependent organizations to enable significant advancement in healthcare delivery, environmental management, food safety, and water quality.
Working at Waters enables our employees to unlock the potential of their careers. Our global team is driven by purpose. We strive to be better, learn and improve every day in everything we do. We’re the problem solvers and innovators that aren’t afraid to take risks to transform the world of human health and well-being. We’re all in it together delivering benefit as one to provide the insights needed today in order to solve the challenges of tomorrow.
People create the Waters difference. By engaging with our talented and diverse workforce we continuously evolve, develop and enhance our products. Being the world’s leading speciality measurement company, we believe in delivering innovative technology and system solutions to our valued customers to enable their success. At Wilmslow, our focus is on the development and delivery of mass spectrometry systems and software in a collaborative and dynamic team environment.
Our mass spectrometers deliver benefit to customers in many industries and make a meaningful impact to our lives through examples such as
- Neo-natal screening to keep babies healthy
- Ensuring consistent, reliable safety in our global food and water supply
- Developing new medicinal therapies to advance human health
- Ensuring participants in the world’s sporting events compete fairly