Senior Core Java Developer
SENIOR JAVA DEVELOPER
At Sapient Global Markets, we are quite literally on the front lines of the biggest issues facing the global markets leaders today – investment banks, asset management firms, wealth managers, oil and energy firms, and government and regulatory agencies. Driving transformation and leading change within these industries requires big thinkers who bring insight, knowledge, technical acumen and passion for innovation. We offer the opportunity to join a recognized leader in developing and delivering groundbreaking solutions for today’s dynamic global marketplace and an award-winning culture that fosters growth and leadership.
As a Senior Java Developer at Sapient Global Markets you will design and develop technology based business solutions for our clients in the financial services and energy trading industry. You may be required to play a team lead role for a small team and/or take on responsibility for the development for a specific component or track of the solution architecture. At all times you will actively support the development, and drive quality assurance during design and realization of the solution.
- Leads team by example by getting hands-on to deliver complex functionality as per functional and non-functional requirements.
- Leads or supports design, estimation and planning tasks for the solution using technical and functional expertise.
- Manages projects, people, and scope and be responsible for quality for your development track/team distributed globally throughout the project life-cycle.
- Works with project leadership and clients to establish, enforce and monitor steps of doneness for various types of activities that are done during Development and Maintenance phases of a project for quality of delivery.
- Works with leadership and/or architects and clients to establish and enforce technology standards, best practices and approaches to be leveraged by the team.
- Ensures different dependencies are tracked and resolved on time.
- Troubleshoot complex technical issues on projects.
- Drives setup of the different environments (development, testing, staging, production etc).
- May be required to support and enhance existing client applications.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field.
- Significant hands-on experience in solution design, architectural analysis and development of financial system (trading/risk/compliance system or related) leveraging advanced Java 1.7 or above features like Multi-Threading, Serialization, RMI, Sockets, JDBC, NIO, Cloning, Annotations.
- Proficient in OOPS, Design Patterns and Data Structures.
- Experience in using TDD for development and writes units tests leveraging frameworks such as JUnit, Mockito, JMock etc. for extensive unit-testing
- Experience developing applications using Spring, ORM frameworks like Hibernate, iBatis, JDO, JPA
- Experience developing messaging applications using framework like JMS, MQ, ESM/ESB
- Experience with build & release tools like Ant, Maven and Continuous Integration like Hudson, Jenkins
- Experience developing Web-services
- Strong experience in one or more Relational Databases like Oracle, Sybase, SQLServer designing normalized or de-normalized database, writing complex SQL queries & stored procedures and analyzing & fixing performance issues.
- Experience working with one or more Web and/or Application Server like Tomcat, Websphere, Weblogic
- Experience working with XML and JSON
- Experience in profiling an application to troubleshoot issues, monitoring system performance (CPU, memory, processes, threads, network etc.)
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Strong experience in leading globally distributed team across US and India.
- End-to-end experience in agile software development lifecycle.
- Good understanding of financial and energy trading markets, especially front, mid or back office within at least one asset class or product type.
- Ability to influence and negotiate with clients and team members.
- Project leadership skills including people management, scope and plan management and tracking.
- Openness to travel and work at client offices.
About Global Markets
Sapient Global Markets, a part of Publicis.Sapient, is a leading provider of services to today’s evolving financial and commodity markets. We provide a full range of capabilities to help our clients grow and enhance their businesses, create robust and transparent infrastructure, manage operating costs, and foster innovation throughout their organizations. We offer services across Advisory, Analytics, Technology, and Process, as well as unique methodologies in program management, technology development, and process outsourcing. Sapient Global Markets operates in key financial and commodity centers worldwide, as well as in large technology development and operations outsourcing centers. For more information, visit www.sapientglobalmarkets.com.
Sapient is a registered service mark of Sapient Corporation. Sapient is an Equal Opportunity Employer
*Reasonable accommodations will be made as necessary for the known physical or mental disability of an otherwise qualified applicant or employee unless doing so would impose an undue hardship on the operation of the Company’s business.
Sapient US is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants to Sapient US will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.