ShareGrid is a passionate, fun, fast-growing, VC funded startup dubbed "The AirBnb of Cameras" - we are on a mission to empower creatives and help filmmakers/photographers earn extra money renting out their camera gear.
We're looking for a talented Rails developer (has used Rails full-time in production for 3+ years) to join our six-strong product team here in Seattle. Help professional creatives share their gear with each other in the leading marketplace for creative rentals (www.sharegrid.com).
A player who likes to work in a fast-paced environment. You communicate effectively, strive to make a real difference, challenge the status quo. You are inspired by building globally admired network-effect brands. You are passionate about leading teams and have a track record of success in developing and fostering a positive team environment.
What you’ll bring to the table:
● Understanding of layout aesthetics and a rigor for programming.
● An understanding of the entire web development process, including design, development and deployment, with back-end knowledge, is important.
● Effective team communication and working at high speed. Must have the ability to solve problems and adapt quickly to new web design and application trends.
● 3+ years’ experience as a Software Developer.
● Like to move fast and work in a fast environment.
● Startup experience and direct experience in consumer marketplaces are preferred.
● Experience with continuous integration/deployment environments. ● Experience with automated testing.
● Experience with agile development methodologies, including Kanban and Scrum Experience.
● Experience with debugging, performance profiling and optimization.
● Comprehensive understanding of object-oriented and service-oriented application development techniques able to work proficiently, both independently and in a team environment.
● Strong communication skills with both internal team members and external business stakeholders and customers.
● Strong initiative to find ways to improve solutions, systems, and processes. ● Experience with consumer web, marketplace platforms.
● Experience configuring and developing around booking, reservation management systems
Our current stack is:
- MacBook Pro
- Flexible Work Schedule and Vacation Policy
- Healthcare, Dental & Vision plan
- Stocked Kitchen
- Monthly team outings
- Awesome, fun teammates!
This is a full-time opportunity in beautiful Seattle, WA with benefits and early equity in a fast-growing startup. Compensation depends on overall experience.