SENIOR SOFTWARE DEVELOPER ENGINEER in TEST (Java)
ASSOCIATE, SOFTWARE DEVELOPER ENGINEER in TEST (Java)
At Sapient Global Markets, we are quite literally on the front lines of the biggest issues facing the global markets leaders today – investment banks, asset management firms, wealth managers, oil and energy firms, and government and regulatory agencies. We offer the opportunity to join a recognized leader in developing and delivering ground breaking solutions for today’s dynamic global marketplace and an award-winning culture that fosters growth and leadership.
As a Associate, Software Developer Engineer in Test at Sapient Global Markets you will help to realize software quality assurance by streamlining testing with a strong set of development skills and automation tools. You will collaborate closely with business and development as part of the practices defined by Acceptance Test Driven Development (ATDD)/Behavior Driven Development (BDD). You will use your java developing and testing mindset to drive testing of software solutions in the financial and commodities industry. You will play a variety of roles including conceptualization of quality assurance and test plans, hands-on development of the java technology stack to support Gherkin/Cucumber based tests, implementing test automation and creating “how-to” documents for business under supervision as part of a larger project.
- Responsible for planning, estimating and developing java based test automation using ATDD/BDD tools.
- Participating in requirements gathering sessions with business to help define acceptance test criteria.
- Collaborating closely with developers to enhance testing through in-depth understanding of the system and source code under test.
- Configuring and scheduling test automation within a Continuous Integration (CI) environment.
- Driving the complete quality assurance engagement in a project, ensuring quality assurance best practices are followed.
- Creating automated test cases based on client documentation, execute and report defects, daily test status as well as overall testing status.
- Setting-up of the different environments (development, testing, staging, production etc.).
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field.
- Significant experience in software lifecycle, unit testing, planning, execution & defect tracking.
- Hands-on experience with agile methodology (SCRUM etc.).
- Significant hands-on experience in solution design in the development of automated tests leveraging advanced Java 1.5 or above using ATDD/BDD tools such Cucumber.
- Experience writing acceptance tests using the Gherkin language.
- Experience in the development of units tests leveraging frameworks such as JUnit, Mockito, JMock, xmlUnit, dbUnit and other xUnit tools.
- Experience in testing UI via Selenium.
- Experience in build & release frameworks like Ant, Maven, CI tools like Jenkins, writing SQL, using IDE’s such as Eclipse and source code repositories such as SVN.
- Experience in profiling an application to troubleshoot issues, monitoring system performance (CPU, memory, processes, threads, network etc.)
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Openness to overnight travel and work at client offices.
ABOUT GLOBAL MARKETS
Sapient Global Markets, a part of Publicis.Sapient, is a leading provider of services to today’s evolving financial and commodity markets. We provide a full range of capabilities to help our clients grow and enhance their businesses, create robust and transparent infrastructure, manage operating costs, and foster innovation throughout their organizations. We offer services across Advisory, Analytics, Technology, and Process, as well as unique methodologies in program management, technology development, and process outsourcing. Sapient Global Markets operates in key financial and commodity centers worldwide, as well as in large technology development and operations outsourcing centers. For more information, visit www.sapientglobalmarkets.com.
Sapient is a registered service mark of Sapient Corporation.
Sapient is an Equal Opportunity Employer
*Reasonable accommodations will be made as necessary for the known physical or mental disability of an otherwise qualified applicant or employee unless doing so would impose an undue hardship on the operation of the Company’s business.
.Sapient US is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants to Sapient US will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.