We are Sapient. For over twenty-five years we've been partnering with some of the world’s most recognized companies, helping them transform their brands and their organizations to meet ever-changing market conditions and customer expectations.
We operate three major divisions: SapientRazorfish, Sapient Global Markets, and Sapient Government Services—diverse industries, capabilities, and expertise, united by like-minded people who want to make an impact on the world.
None of the game-changing work we do—whether for brands, capital and commodity markets, or government agencies—would be possible without our operations team of over 1000 people, which we call Global Shared Services (GSS). Sapient's GSS is a strategic group that that helps bring our award-winning work and culture to life: hiring and supporting the best and the brightest, promoting our dynamic organization, and propelling our aggressive financial growth.
And when we say “global,” we really mean it. GSS people are connected across 36 worldwide offices and counting, giving them access to different cultures and experiences while ensuring Sapient has the reach and unity of a global company with the approachability and responsiveness of local services.
If you’d like to be part of not just creating success, but creating impact—for yourself and for Sapient—start at the foundation: Sapient’s Global Shared Services.
The Revenue Analyst will report and analyze the monthly revenue of a region within SapientRazorfish. The Revenue Analyst is responsible for monthly revenue calculations and reconciliations of related accounts using Oracle Financials as part of the monthly financial close process. The Revenue Analyst will also review and analyze client contracts for proper revenue recognition treatment. In addition to the revenue calculation process will also be involved in forecast variance analysis. The successful candidate will work closely with people across the organization to understand revenue accounting issues and perform assigned financial analyses.
- Execute month-end close processes including revenue calculations and analysis, creation of journal entries, account reconciliations, and review and adjustment of revenue related accounts
- Provide revenue oversight, guidance, problem resolution and training to various teams across the company, including project teams, finance staff, and corporate legal team
- Read and interpret Sapient’s client contracts and determine appropriate accounting treatment in accordance with relevant guidance and ensure proper set-up in Oracle
- Revenue forecast/actual variance creation and analysis.
- Work with financial operations team to analyze and research variances between actual revenue results and forecasted amounts
- Provide finance management with various analyses of revenue and related balance sheet impacts as needed.
- Ensure compliance with established internal controls, policies and procedures, and established business processes and suggest areas for process improvement
- Coordinate overall client health inputs with other Revenue people to provide picture to management
- Assist with billing and collections issues as needed and identify situations where revenue or receivables are at risk
- 1 - 3 years of related work experience in either a revenue accounting or general accounting role
- Experience creating and interpreting ad hoc financial analysis
- Ability to research and resolve basic to complex revenue related accounting issues including application of IFRS accounting standards and company policy
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Ability to understand and infer relationships between metrics and operational and financial processes
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- Work well under pressure and deadlines and prioritize responsibilities
- Strong Excel experience required, including work with pivot tables and advanced formulas
- Oracle Project Accounting a plus
- Effective communication skills to various levels of management
Sapient, part of Publicis.Sapient, is a global services company that helps clients transform in the areas of business, marketing, and technology. The company operates three divisions that enable clients to gain a competitive advantage and succeed in an increasingly digital world. SapientRazorfish, Sapient Global Markets, and Sapient Government Services fuse insight, creativity, and technology to drive innovation and to help clients navigate complex business problems. Our approach is the subject of case studies used by MBA programs at Harvard and Yale. The company has operations in North America, Europe, and Asia-Pacific. For more information, visit http://www.sapient.com.
As part of our dedication to an inclusive and diverse workforce, SapientRazorfish US is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com or you may call us at +1-617-621-0200.