Manager of Quality Assurance
Sapient Consulting | Public Sector is looking for people who – simply put – are driven to make a difference.
By solving some of today’s toughest challenges, our teams are helping to transform the government in the areas of business, technology and marketing. Working at Public Sector, you will be in an environment that fosters growth and creativity, demands openness and client-focused delivery, and celebrates initiative and innovation.
The chance to bring your ideas and new thinking to today’s challenges and work in a truly unique work environment is now – it’s at Sapient Consulting | Public Sector.
Quality assurance LEAD/Manager QA
Reports to: Program Manager
Employee Status: Regular, Full Time
Start Date: Immediate
Clearance Requirement: Public Trust
This person will be Test Manager and a test automation SME. The automation SME will responsible for defining the overall test automation strategy, designing and implementing the test automation framework as well as support overall application compliance. This individual will be responsible for planning, managing, maintaining, coordinating and executing the test scripts for complex, multi-tier applications for the QA team for both manual and automated testing. The Test Manager manages risk and ensures the successful completion of software projects by establishing and executing software quality measures throughout the software development life cycle. The Test Manager is responsible for determining and developing the appropriate test strategy and plan for the project and to track and report progress on this plan during the project life cycle. In addition, the Test Manager is actively involved in hands on test case development, test case execution, test automation development, reviews of requirements, test cases and other project artifacts for both manual and automated testing.
- To fulfill this role, the individual applies appropriate automation technologies to meet the short and long term goals of the testing organization including automation framework architecture and setup. The individual must have hands on experience with designing, developing and implementing test automation frameworks.
- Coordinate regression test activities across all supported applications including automation
- Define, execute, and capture results of test suites/cases plans using best practices by analyzing project requirement documents. Review project documentation for all assigned projects to ensure that the project requirements are clearly defined.
- Designs, develops, tests, maintains and executes reusable test automation scripts across different test environments for consistency.
- Develop Test Strategies and Test Plans for effective and efficient testing practice
- Develop and maintain QA project plan
- Define and implement roles, responsibilities, and deliverable expectations for all team members
- Define and support building test environments
- Provide technical guidance to the test team to ensure test activities are performed according to the developed test strategy and test plan
- Define and implement effective and efficient testing processes, documentation, tools, and testing methodologies
- Work with requirements teams to define test cases and maintain traceability
- Report defects and escalate issues as needed
- Work closely with software development team to reproduce and debug issues.
- Demonstrate ownership and accountability through self-directed task management
- Motivated team player, with very strong analytical, diagnostic and debugging skills
- Ability to lead a team of 4-6 testers
- Estimate tasks and present plans to project leadership
- Good oral communication and writing skills.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or U.S. Legal Permanent Resident
- Eligible for U.S. Government Clearance.
- Minimum 3 years of hands-on experience with tools like HP Quick Test Professional (QTP) and/or Unified Functional Testing (UFT), Selenium, Appium, GIT, Maven and Jenkins
- Must have developed or worked with test automation frameworks to test multi-tier applications that are Omni channel, therefore cross browser and cross channel which includes desktop, tablet and mobile.
- 6+ years overall testing / quality assurance experience
- Minimum 3 years of hands-on experience with HP suite of quality tools including Application Lifecycle Management (ALM), Unified Functional Testing (UFT), and LoadRunner tools
- Understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and experience working in agile / iterative SDLC environments
- Experience with testing at various levels (unit, functional, integration, system, load and performance testing)
- Experience with using Jira to track and manage bugs/defects
- QA test automation for web-based platforms.
- Work with applications designed / developed with Java and WCMS technologies
- Ability to excel in team oriented environment.
- Able to work independently and in a fast paced environment
- Adheres to development standards, software development lifecycle processes
- Constantly seeks ways to improve processes for increased agility and quality
- Bachelor’s degree required from college or University
About Sapient Consulting | Public Sector
Sapient Consulting | Public Sector, part of Publicis.Sapient, is a leading provider of strategy, technology, and marketing services to a wide array of U.S. governmental agencies. Focused on driving long-term change and transforming the citizen experience, we use technology to help agencies become more accessible and transparent. With a track record of delivering mission-critical solutions and the ability to leverage commercial best practices, we serve as trusted advisors to government agencies, such as the Federal Bureau of Investigation, Library of Congress, National Institutes of Health, United States Department of Health and Human Services, and United States Department of Homeland Security. For more information, visit http://publicsector.sapientconsulting.com.
*Reasonable accommodations will be made as necessary for the known physical or mental disability of an otherwise qualified applicant or employee unless doing so would impose an undue hardship on the operation of the Company’s business.
Sapient US is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants to Sapient US will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran statu